References & Links
The following books have been valuable references in the writing of this Chapter:
- "Thoughts & Feelings - the Art of Cognitive Stress Intervention" by Mathew McKay, Ph.D. Martha Davis, Ph.D. Patrick Fanning (1981, New Harbinger Publications) on cognitive behavioral therapy.
- "I'm OK - You're OK" by Thomas A. Harris, MD (1973, Pan Books ISBN: 0 330 23543 5) on basic principles of Transactional Analysis.
- "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson (1990, Falcon Press ISBN: 0 941404 19 6) a brilliant exposition of Timothy Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness.
- "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky (1978, Routledge & Keegan Paul ISBN: 0 7100 8896 5) explaining some of the fundamental tenets of Gurdjieff.
- "Waking Up - Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential" by Charles T. Tart (1988, Element Books ISBN 1 85230 053 1) that advances Gurdjieff thought with the concept of cultural trance.
- "Self-Analysis" by Karen Horney (W.W. Norton & Company; ISBN: 0393311651) Discusses the possibilities of self-analysis - to what extent individuals can use the techniques of psychoanalysis on their own to solve personal problems.
- "Barefoot Psychoanalyst" by John Southgate and Rosemary Randall (1989, Gale center Publications ISBN: 1 870258 06 1) based on Karen Horney's insights.
- "The Practice of Rational Emotive behavior Therapy?" by Windy Dryden & Albert Ellis (1998, Free Assn Books ISBN: 1853434272) a description of how the principles of rational thinking may be applied to therapeutic change.
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
Continue to the next article, Communication in Therapy
Want to renew your life?
Our online, interactive video workshops present the most effective methods of holistic personal development...
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights to master all your life challenges.
- Advance on a path of practical spirituality - being the difference you'd like to see in the world. The human heart made visible.
- Have personal support from your coach to make transitions that will fulfill your potential.
Start off with a Free Life Assessment and a Free Consultation...
Have a question about Trans4mind Training?
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Hypnosis is the key to unlocking your creativity, focusing your energy and understanding yourself
Hypnosis has a long history of helping human beings be the very best they can be. It can be used to control anything controlled by the unconscious mind - pain, blood pressure, fear, confidence levels, mood, sex drive... the list goes on:
- You'll become highly productive without getting stressed
- Tap into your creative energies instantly
- Really understand yourself and others
- You'll learn how to stay calm in high pressure or uncomfortable situations
- Develop laser-like levels of focus and concentration
Lean more... Uncommon Hypnosis Course
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!