Looking for a better life?
Trans4mind Training, our series of online, interactive video workshops, presents the most effective methods of holistic personal development, combined with personal support from expert life coaches.
References & Links
The following books have been valuable references in the writing of this Chapter:
- "Thoughts & Feelings - the Art of Cognitive Stress Intervention" by Mathew McKay, Ph.D. Martha Davis, Ph.D. Patrick Fanning (1981, New Harbinger Publications) on cognitive behavioral therapy.
- "I'm OK - You're OK" by Thomas A. Harris, MD (1973, Pan Books ISBN: 0 330 23543 5) on basic principles of Transactional Analysis.
- "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson (1990, Falcon Press ISBN: 0 941404 19 6) a brilliant exposition of Timothy Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness.
- "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky (1978, Routledge & Keegan Paul ISBN: 0 7100 8896 5) explaining some of the fundamental tenets of Gurdjieff.
- "Waking Up - Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential" by Charles T. Tart (1988, Element Books ISBN 1 85230 053 1) that advances Gurdjieff thought with the concept of cultural trance.
- "Self-Analysis" by Karen Horney (W.W. Norton & Company; ISBN: 0393311651) Discusses the possibilities of self-analysis - to what extent individuals can use the techniques of psychoanalysis on their own to solve personal problems.
- "Barefoot Psychoanalyst" by John Southgate and Rosemary Randall (1989, Gale center Publications ISBN: 1 870258 06 1) based on Karen Horney's insights.
- "The Practice of Rational Emotive behavior Therapy?" by Windy Dryden & Albert Ellis (1998, Free Assn Books ISBN: 1853434272) a description of how the principles of rational thinking may be applied to therapeutic change.
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
Continue to the next article, Communication in Therapy
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!