References & Links
The following books have been valuable references in the writing of this Chapter:
- "Thoughts & Feelings - the Art of Cognitive Stress Intervention" by Mathew McKay, Ph.D. Martha Davis, Ph.D. Patrick Fanning (1981, New Harbinger Publications) on cognitive behavioral therapy.
- "I'm OK - You're OK" by Thomas A. Harris, MD (1973, Pan Books ISBN: 0 330 23543 5) on basic principles of Transactional Analysis.
- "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson (1990, Falcon Press ISBN: 0 941404 19 6) a brilliant exposition of Timothy Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness.
- "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky (1978, Routledge & Keegan Paul ISBN: 0 7100 8896 5) explaining some of the fundamental tenets of Gurdjieff.
- "Waking Up - Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential" by Charles T. Tart (1988, Element Books ISBN 1 85230 053 1) that advances Gurdjieff thought with the concept of cultural trance.
- "Self-Analysis" by Karen Horney (W.W. Norton & Company; ISBN: 0393311651) Discusses the possibilities of self-analysis - to what extent individuals can use the techniques of psychoanalysis on their own to solve personal problems.
- "Barefoot Psychoanalyst" by John Southgate and Rosemary Randall (1989, Gale center Publications ISBN: 1 870258 06 1) based on Karen Horney's insights.
- "The Practice of Rational Emotive behavior Therapy?" by Windy Dryden & Albert Ellis (1998, Free Assn Books ISBN: 1853434272) a description of how the principles of rational thinking may be applied to therapeutic change.
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
Continue to the next article, Communication in Therapy
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
What can we help you with?
Search now on an issue that concerns you...
You will love the way you feel after using one of these hypnosis audio downloads. You can listen on your computer or CD, or use the app on your phone or tablet. Each audio has been carefully crafted by professional hypnotherapist educators with a proven track record and since 2003, over 600,000 have been downloaded.
Find exactly what you need:
View all 1000+ Hypnosis Downloads here...