How to understand, control and channel your emotions (and to teach your children to be emotionally literate)
- Emotional Intelligence
Our ability to view situations objectively and thus to understand ourselves and other people depends on balancing and integrating the head and heart. Emotional Intelligence is the ability to sense, understand, and effectively apply the power of emotions, appropriately channeled as a source of energy, creativity and influence.
- EQ Advocacy Guide
Valuable resources for parents, teachers, and administrators to promote social and emotional learning.
- Emotional Intelligence Test
Test your emotional intelligence and discover ways to improve it. People with high emotional intelligence tend to be successful in life.
- Psychological Self-Help
Check out Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 13 that give a broad understanding of the emotions and how to best handle them, from the free online book 'Psychological Self-Help'.
- Meditation and Mindfulness on Campus: A Student Guide to Going Zen
The guide provides super-clear and concise information to help you get started very simply with both meditation and mindfulness.
Help when you need it...
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- Addiction Prevention: 34 Essential Lesson Plans for Educators
- Alternative Treatments for Addiction
- Teen Depression - A Guide for Parents
- Mental Health Service Provider Search
- Suicide Prevention in College
- Student Mental Health Guide
- Cyberbullying Awareness and Prevention
Find further good online resources with Personal Development Search. This Google-powered facility searches through Trans4mind for the information you're looking for: