Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
The Ups and Downs of Life
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
It’s life’s ups and downs that make it worth living. Imagine watching a film with no ups and downs... you’d go to sleep, wouldn’t you!
Like in the cardiogram above, the ups and downs very often introduce the potential for loving relationship... it’s up to us to sculpt that creatively.
You can either be knocked down by the things that strike you, or you can absorb them, and learn from them in a positive way.
Best not to label things as good or bad, especially totally or always. We suffer least when we can accept reality just as it is, and not to resist seeing the truth. That’s not to say do nothing to correct or improve things, but we benefit most when we open our heart in compassion and our mind in appreciation.
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
Pivoting Away From Pain ~ Gabriella Kortsch, Ph.D.
The reason pain and happiness are connected, is because you have a way of going from the former to the latter. You can create a bridge that can take you from pain - if not to happiness, then at least to a place where you can see your life as a good one again. This is a bit like learning how to go from playing bad tennis to good tennis in one fell swoop. It takes a bit of practice, but once you catch on, and more importantly, once you decide that this is what you want and choose to do, it becomes relatively easy because you feel so much better if you do it. Furthermore it gives you a measure of autonomy, a sense of agency in your own life trajectory. It involves a central and prerequisite element of choice. Continues...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!