Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Or to look at it more positively, we become open to change when the opportunities that growth presents are more enticing than the comfort and safety of remaining the same. Trina Paulus: "How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."
It was upon this basis that I wrote the book, Transforming the Mind, upon which the Trans4mind site was based in 1997.
Transforming human nature means transcending the very instincts and impulses that we were born with. To transcend we first need to accept and integrate what exists and then move beyond. Fear and resistance don't cut it.
Like an actor who transforms into the character that they're playing, you can transform into yourself.
Personal growth is not about amassing knowledge, it's about becoming more conscious, more one's true self, mindful of inner knowing.
When we listen to our heart, our life is transformed. Then, as Henry David Thoreau said, "Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined."
As Michael W. Smith said, "Transformation in the world happens when people are healed and start investing in other people." And Marianne Williamson: "Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we go, so goes the world, for the world is us. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one."
Transformation occurs when existing solutions, assumed truths and past decisions are exposed as unrealistic or unnecessarily self-limiting. This new insight allows you to view your life from a more appropriate and empowering perspective.
One of the foundations of transformational psychology is Abraham Maslow's theory of human needs. He believed that people are not merely controlled by their circumstances nor by their unconscious instinctual impulses. Maslow preferred to focus on our potential for creativity, believing that humans strive to express their capabilities fully, that they need this expression, and that fulfilling this creative need is the basis for happiness.
Whatever our astrological sign, our cultural conditioning, our numerological disposition, our parents' genes, our situation and circumstances, our education or lack of it -- we may consider these as limitations, or we may be more open-minded. The truth is that these factors really don't matter if we have a vision that inspires us enough and provides the energy we need to overcome any obstacles, so we can manifest our creation in the world we share.
For a vision or dream to be inspiring and energizing, it needs to be what we really want. Not something designed to please others or to fulfill their expectations.
The incredible thing here is that what we actually want, what is true to our highest aspirations, what is an expression of the true nature of our consciousness, is always an expression of unconditional love.
That is our highest, spiritual nature - the wonderful aspect that we each have as a human being. Yes, every single one of us, even our dotty neighbor and especially our rebellious child. And it is the challenge we each have, to rediscover and express our true self in this life. Only then will we die content.
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
I felt exhilarated and more powerful than at any time in my life, like I'd broken free of the bonds that were tying me down. I felt grateful to be alive and full with love. Sounds corny, but actually this was one of the best moments of my life. I realized that underneath all of this trauma was really a tremendous opportunity; it was clearing the decks for me to do what I'd always really wanted to do, what I was born to do. Continues...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
Ability Abundance Action Adaptability Adversity Affirmations Age Animals Appreciation Awakening Awareness Balance Beauty Begin Being In the Present Being Yourself Belief Be the Change Birth & Rebirth Challenges in Life Change the World Character Children Choice Civilization Communication in Relationships Community Compassion Courage Confidence Connection Creativity Criticism Death Determination Discipline Doing Good Dreams Ego Emotional Intelligence Enlightenment Excellence Experience Excuses Failure Family Fear Forgiveness Freedom Free Will Friendship Get Started Gibran on Marriage Giving God is... Gratitude Greatness Hard Work Habits Happiness Healing Health Heart Heart & Work Home Hope Humor Imagination Independence Integrity Inquiring Mind Inner Guidance Intention Involvement Judgmental Kindness Knowing Yourself Knowledge Leadership Learning Letting Life Unfold Liberty Life Listening Listening II Love Love & Marriage Manifestation Meaning Meditation Memories Mind Mindfulness Mistakes Motivation Nature Old Age Oneness Optimism Parenting Passion Patience Peace Personal Growth Potential Positive Approach Possibilities Prayer Presence Quality Reaching the End Releasing Emotions Responsibility Risk Romance Self-Love Service Shine Consciously Spiritual Intelligence Stereotypes Stress Suffering Support Thanksgiving Time Togetherness Tolerance Transformation Transitions in Your Life Trust Truth Ups and Downs of Life Vision Wayne Dyer Wholeness Wisdom Women's Rights Work-Life Balance Working Together Youth
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Our Life Challenges
The key challenges we face in life:HEALING YOURSELF - Find Your Healing Path Learn to Forgive Get Over Guilt Overcome Jealousy & Envy Let Go of Anger & Frustration Improve Your Self-Esteem Overcome Fear & Anxiety Overcome Bad Habits Cope with a Major Loss
BEING SUCCESSFUL - Achieve Success Be a Person of Integrity Reach Your Goals Express Yourself Creatively Find Your Life's Purpose Present Yourself Well Find Fulfillment at Work Work Well in a Team Be a Leader Master Money Empower Others
ENHANCING RELATIONSHIPS - Have Meaningful Relationships Develop Social Skills Establish Boundaries Express Myself & Envy Ask Powerful Questions Learn to Listen Be Non-Judgmental Resolve Conflict Create Intimacy
Free Resource - The Personal Journal
Life Transitions - Learning a New Skill Making a New Habit Recovering from Abuse Financial Crisis Self-Directed Education Beginning a New Career Discovering the Spiritual Path
See your life clearly, perhaps for the first time...
Words of Wisdom
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...