My Favorite Inspiring Quotes
The Power of Silence
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
As Wallace says, "There is a big difference between feeling lonely and feeling alone. In our solitude we experience the beauty, the power and the love of the Divine. We enter this world alone and alone we depart. There is great power and presence in aloneness. In our solitude we are never lonely for we are imbued with the presence of God."
By simply being this way - silent, loving and accepting - your mind and body will relax. You realize how futile all that thinking was, and let go of that endless agenda. A calm spacious field of energy starts to expands within you and you realize that this deep, peaceful feeling is where you really wanted to arrive anyway.
Our inner knowing is expressed through intuition, and that’s with feelings and images, which the mind then puts into words if we give it the opportunity to do so. In the silence of your inner space you hear the truth and know the solutions. Deepak Chopra has the same message: “To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.”
When you meditate, and experience your presence as a simple pure state of awareness and choice, then you begin to notice that it's the ground of all your other states... emotions, thoughts, accomplishments, ways of being, roles, things you identify with, attachments. See our free resource at Trans4mind: All You Need is Love.
As Mother Teresa says, “We need silence to be able to touch souls.” And Brahma Kumaris - In the ocean of silence you may discover your eternal treasures of peace, love and happiness. In silence, you can let bad feelings and past sorrows dissolve. In silence you can hear the whisper of God saying, “Come child and rest with Me. You are a peaceful soul.”
Some articles about silence...
In Silence, I felt my core identity, my essential nature, as a unity-in-love with all creation. I experienced freedom, clarity, and joy as my true Self. This Self, this Silence, belongs to all of us -- it is who we are; it is what we are. If we are to experience and embody authentic peace and love, if we are going to bring true healing to our wildly violent and endangered world, we are going to have to learn to live within this essence which joins us together as brothers and sisters. Continues...
Coaching and counseling tools are not only invaluable for coaches and counsellors, but are tools we ALL can greatly benefit from when used in our relationships, parenting, business and in ANY life setting that asks for effective communication and relationship building. I'd like to share an easy to use, expert tip that is used by top life coaches and professional counselors. In fact it's like the cardinal rule of coaching and counseling. So use this tip in all areas of your life and watch it work its magic. Continues...
Silence is your very nature. It is your very essence. The outer world is full of noise and chaos, but the inner world of your Spirit is silent and serene. As soon as we talk, the beauty of silence is broken. Silence is a healer. When you consolidate your energy through silence, you feel stronger and your arthritis heals faster. Continues...
More of My Favorite Inspiring Quotes
With Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Ability — Abundance — Action — Adaptability — Adversity — Affirmations — Age — Animals — Appreciation — Attitude — Awakening — Awareness — Balance — Beauty — Begin — Being In the Present — Being Yourself — Belief — Be the Change — Birth & Rebirth — Blessings — Career — Challenges in Life — Change the World — Change Your Life — Character — Children — Choice — Civilization — Common Sense — Communication in Relationships — Community — Compassion — Conscience — Courage — Confidence — Connection — Creativity — Criticism — Curiosity — Death — Desire — Determination — Discipline — Diversity — Doing Good — Dreams — Ego — Emotional Intelligence — Enlightenment — Entrepreneur — Evolution & Progress — Excellence — Experience — Excuses — Failure — Family — Fashion — Fear — Forgiveness — Freedom — Free Will — Friendship — Get Started — Gibran on Marriage — Giving — God is... — Gratitude — Greatness — Hard Work — Habits — Happiness — Healing — Health — Heart — Heart & Work — Home — Hope — Humility — Humor — Ideals — Imagination— Independence — Inner Peace — Integrity — Inner Guidance — Inquiring Mind — Introvert/Extrovert — Intention — Involvement — Judgmental — Kindness — Karma — Knowing Yourself — Knowledge — Leadership — Learning — Letting Life Unfold — Liberty — Life — Light of Love — Listening — Listening II — Love — Loyalty & Marriage — Manifestation — Meaning — Meditation — Memories — Mind — Mindfulness — Miracles — Mistakes — Motivation — Music — Nature — Non-Resistance — Old Age — Oneness — Optimism — Parenting — Passion — Patience — Peace — Personal Growth — Pets — Potential — Positive Approach — Possibilities — Prayer — Presence — Privacy — Quality — Reaching the End — Relaxation — Releasing Emotions — Religion — Responsibility — Risk — Romance — Self-Judgment — Self-Love — Service — Sexuality — Shine Consciously — Silence — Smile! — Spiritual Intelligence — Sports — Stereotypes — Stress — Suffering — Support — Surrender — Thanksgiving — Time — Togetherness — Tolerance — Transformation — Transitions in Your Life — Travel — Trust — Truth — Ups and Downs of Life — Unconditional Love — Values — Vision — Wayne Dyer — Wholeness — Wisdom — Women's Rights — Work-Life Balance — Working Together — Youth — You're Unique!
Our Life Challenges
The key challenges we face in life:HEALING YOURSELF: Find Your Healing Path — Learn to Forgive — Get Over Guilt — Overcome Jealousy & Envy — Let Go of Anger & Frustration — Improve Your Self-Esteem — Overcome Fear & Anxiety — Overcome Bad Habits — Cope with a Major Loss —
BEING SUCCESSFUL: Achieve Success — Be a Person of Integrity — Reach Your Goals — Express Yourself Creatively — Find Your Life's Purpose — Present Yourself Well — Find Fulfillment at Work — Work Well in a Team — Be a Leader — Master Money — Empower Others —
ENHANCING RELATIONSHIPS: - Have Meaningful Relationships — Develop Social Skills — Establish Boundaries — Express Myself — Ask Powerful Questions — Learn to Listen — Be Non-Judgmental — Resolve Conflict — Create Intimacy —
FREE RESOURCE: The Personal Journal
Words of Wisdom
Tools for Transformation
Trans4mind offers its visitors a huge range of complimentary personal development resources for self-directed education and transformation of the whole person...
Check out the menus on the top of every page too!
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...