Words of Wisdom
~ HUMOROUS ~
“The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.”
“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.” —Albert Einstein
“The only normal people are the ones that you don’t know very well.” —Alfred Adler
“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” —Berthold Auerbach
“Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” —Robert Orben
“What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.” —Yiddish Proverb
“If you can’t get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.” —Mark Twain
“If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.” —Thomas Szasz
“A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.” —Charles Gordy
“If you want to leave footprints in the sands of time, don’t drag your feet.” —Anon.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” —Oscar Wilde
“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” —Oscar Wilde
“The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.” —Anonymous
“A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” —Ingrid Bergman
“When one is at home, he dreams of adventure. When one is on an adventure, he dreams of home.” —Anonymous
“True humor is fun - it does not put down, kid, or mock. It makes people feel wonderful, not separate, different, and cut off. True humor has beneath it the understanding that we are all in this together.” —Hugh Prather
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein
“I prefer to be a pessimist; it makes it easier to deal with my inevitable failure.” —Film: The McMullen Brothers
“My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference!” —Harry Truman
“Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?” —Alec Guiness
“When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” —Winston Churchill
“To be ignorant of one’s ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.” —Amos Bronson Alcott
“Turn your melodrama into a mellow drama.” —Ram Dass
“A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” —Robert Benchley
“If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” —Betty Reese
“Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you’re going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love.” —Butch Hancock, Flatlanders
“Friends are like knickers. Some crawl up your ass, some snap under pressure, some don't have the strength to hold you up, some get a little twisted, some are your favorite, some you can see right thru, some are cheap and just plain nasty, and some actually cover your ass when you need them to. Some you just hang out to dry...”
“Every time we open our mouths, people can look into our minds.”
“If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem wonderful at all!” —Michelangelo
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.” —Henry Ford
“Don’t be so humble; you’re not that great.” —Golda Meir, to a visiting diplomat
“Years ago, my momma taught me that two wrongs don’t make a right - but I soon figured out that three left turns do.” —Jim Hightower
Best corporate IT quote ever: “I don’t think iPhone brings anything new to the table. It has a great user experience, but that’s all.” —Manjit Singh, CIO
“Always remember you’re unique. Just like everyone else.”
“Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be overcome first.”
“I’m going to stop procrastinating ... once I get around to it.”
“If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.”
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.”
“Never test the depth of the water with both feet.”
“Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.”
“If you lend someone $25 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.”
“Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.”
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” —Susan Ertz
“Do not do unto others as you would have them do unto you. They may have different tastes.” —George Bernard Shaw
“The difference between erotic and kinky is that one uses a feather, the other uses the whole chicken.”
The graduate with a Science degree asks, “Why does it work?”
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, “How does it work?”
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, “How much will it cost?”
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, “Do you want fries with that?”
“Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.” —F. P. Jones
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!