Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
God is the best listener because you don't need to shout, nor cry out loud. Because God hears even the very silent prayer of a sincere heart.
It's impossible to feel grateful and in the same moment depressed, angry or afraid. People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have. If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, your heart will soon be filled with love and understanding, a feeling that nurtures the soul.
But neither happen in words, really. Spiritual communication is through feeling, encased in gratitude, compassion and service.
Sometimes the worst answer to your prayer would be to give you that for which you asked.
As Sarah Ban Breathnach put it, "Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again."
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
How Do You Pray? ~ by Gregg Braden
We are always feeling in each moment of every day of our lives. While we may not always be aware of just what we're feeling, we are feeling nonetheless. If feeling is the prayer and we're always feeling, then that means we're always in a state of prayer. Each moment is a prayer. Life is a prayer! We're always sending a message to the mirror of creation, signaling healing or disease, peace or war, honoring or dishonoring our relationships with those we love. "Life" is the Mind of God sending back to us what we feel—what we've prayed. Continues...
A personal note:
I do believe in prayer. For me, that means to communicate to Spirit my gratitude for what I am experiencing, what I am learning, what I want to be manifested in the name of love, and to request inner knowing of whatever I want to know. I present my communication in the form of feelings, images and intention (rather than words or reasons) and an answer comes in the same way. Learn to speak the language of Spirit and this presence will always be with you as a loving guide and support.
To praise and thank God is a recognition of the wonder of all life, love and truth, and so it helps to connect us with our shared spiritual nature, and is perhaps the best function of prayer - an expression of gratitude. Whilst one is feeling grateful the bugbears of fear and attachment can have no effect. When we express our appreciation we are communicating from spirit. Therefore our prayers reach their destination and are returned with abundance.
The other great function prayer has is to flow healing energy to others through compassion. Love is all-powerful and unlimited in supply; the more we love, in gratitude and compassion, as a nice side effect, the more we receive also.
And here is my interpretation of The Lord's Prayer, inspired by Kathleen McGowan's book, The Source of Miracles
My Daily Prayer
My source in the spiritual realm,
I celebrate your presence with me here.
Let me be guided by unconditional Love
and be of service for the highest good.
Thank you for the abundance I receive,
and please forgive my mistakes,
as I forgive those who cause me difficulties.
Help me to fulfill my purpose, uphold my values,
and be understanding and compassionate.
With all my love.
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!