My Favorite Inspiring Quotes
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
And Deva Premal: “You can’t sing with a closed heart. You just can’t do it. And if you try, as soon as you start singing, your heart just naturally opens more and more.” The voice connects the inner and the outer worlds - it can explore and express, transcend and heal.
I have found that beautiful music is a great aid to dissipating and releasing emotions that are not serving me, and encouraging a heart-felt high vibration (fulfillment and gratitude), the state of being that attracts abundance.
But talking about music doesn’t cut it, as Elvis Costello says: “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.” Hans Christian Andersen: “Where words fail, music speaks.” And George Carlin: “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.”
And Berthold Auerbach: “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday living.”
Equally, a teacher must teach, a leader must lead, a seeker must seek, a healer must heal, and so on... all the life purposes, general and specific, that each of us are uniquely drawn to. If we don’t, we’ll be frustrated, as if our life hasn’t really begun, trapped in the starting pen.
Some articles about music...
Music naturally resonates with the right side of the mind. Did you ever sing along with a Golden Oldies song, one that you hadn't heard for years? Weren't you amazed at how many of the lyrics you remembered? How could you possibly roll out, from memory, line after line of lyrics that you hadn't heard in years? The answer lies in the right brain, where music is experienced and, also, memories are stored. Continues...
Music is an excellent tool to increase your child's intelligence and his audio memory and discrimination, while enriching his enjoyment in life. It gives you, the parent, the opportunity to enjoy this activity with your children and strengthen your bond and friendship with your child. Continues...
The great news is that, no matter where we stand on the music smarts scale, we each have the capacity to increase our musical intelligence. Better yet, by focusing on selected sounds as triggers for mindfulness, we can sharpen our awareness and increase our enjoyment of the world around us at the same time. Continues...
More of My Favorite Inspiring Quotes
With Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Ability — Abundance — Action — Adaptability — Adversity — Affirmations — Age — Animals — Appreciation — Attitude — Awakening — Awareness — Balance — Beauty — Begin — Being In the Present — Being Yourself — Belief — Be the Change — Birth & Rebirth — Blessings — Career — Challenges in Life — Change the World — Change Your Life — Character — Children — Choice — Civilization — Common Sense — Communication in Relationships — Community — Compassion — Conscience — Courage — Confidence — Connection — Creativity — Criticism — Curiosity — Death — Desire — Determination — Discipline — Diversity — Doing Good — Dreams — Ego — Emotional Intelligence — Enlightenment — Entrepreneur — Evolution & Progress — Excellence — Experience — Excuses — Failure — Family — Fashion — Fear — Forgiveness — Freedom — Free Will — Friendship — Get Started — Gibran on Marriage — Giving — God is... — Gratitude — Greatness — Hard Work — Habits — Happiness — Healing — Health — Heart — Heart & Work — Home — Hope — Humility — Humor — Ideals — Imagination— Independence — Inner Peace — Integrity — Inner Guidance — Inquiring Mind — Introvert/Extrovert — Intention — Involvement — Judgmental — Kindness — Karma — Knowing Yourself — Knowledge — Leadership — Learning — Letting Life Unfold — Liberty — Life — Light of Love — Listening — Listening II — Love — Loyalty & Marriage — Manifestation — Meaning — Meditation — Memories — Mind — Mindfulness — Miracles — Mistakes — Motivation — Music — Nature — Non-Resistance — Old Age — Oneness — Optimism — Parenting — Passion — Patience — Peace — Personal Growth — Pets — Potential — Positive Approach — Possibilities — Prayer — Presence — Privacy — Quality — Reaching the End — Relaxation — Releasing Emotions — Religion — Responsibility — Risk — Romance — Self-Judgment — Self-Love — Service — Sexuality — Shine Consciously — Silence — Smile! — Spiritual Intelligence — Sports — Stereotypes — Stress — Suffering — Support — Surrender — Thanksgiving — Time — Togetherness — Tolerance — Transformation — Transitions in Your Life — Travel — Trust — Truth — Ups and Downs of Life — Unconditional Love — Values — Vision — Wayne Dyer — Wholeness — Wisdom — Women's Rights — Work-Life Balance — Working Together — Youth — You're Unique!
Our Life Challenges
The key challenges we face in life:HEALING YOURSELF: Find Your Healing Path — Learn to Forgive — Get Over Guilt — Overcome Jealousy & Envy — Let Go of Anger & Frustration — Improve Your Self-Esteem — Overcome Fear & Anxiety — Overcome Bad Habits — Cope with a Major Loss —
BEING SUCCESSFUL: Achieve Success — Be a Person of Integrity — Reach Your Goals — Express Yourself Creatively — Find Your Life's Purpose — Present Yourself Well — Find Fulfillment at Work — Work Well in a Team — Be a Leader — Master Money — Empower Others —
ENHANCING RELATIONSHIPS: - Have Meaningful Relationships — Develop Social Skills — Establish Boundaries — Express Myself — Ask Powerful Questions — Learn to Listen — Be Non-Judgmental — Resolve Conflict — Create Intimacy —
FREE RESOURCE: The Personal Journal
Words of Wisdom
Tools for Transformation
Trans4mind offers its visitors a huge range of complimentary personal development resources for self-directed education and transformation of the whole person...
Check out the menus on the top of every page too!
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...