Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
We interpret what we perceive, and one person may do so in a very different way from another. We create our own reality internally, and through our influence in various ways, that in turn affects the external.
We know that feeding our minds a constant stream of television, filled with misinformation and fear-based egotism, has a harmful effect of negative conditioning. Maybe it makes us an obedient consumer, and accepting of all that goes on, but it doesn't make us much the wiser - unless we carefully filter our intake to only the most enlightened sources.
Education may be about cramming our minds with a syllabus in order to become a viable employee, a cog in the machine, but life-long self-directed education (that includes personal development) is the opposite... it's about unlearning all of that; about opening to new possibilities; about releasing our judgments, assumptions and prejudices; about nurturing our creative flame.
Questions invite conversations, stimulate thinking, break down barriers, create positive energy and show your willingness to understand and learn. Questions show humility, acknowledgement and respect for the past, and give you greater insights into individuals and how things work.
Because we communicate through words as well as pictures. The most important significance is the how and why.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. And as Barbara W. Tuchman said, "Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. Books are engines of change, windows on the world and lighthouses erected in the sea of time. They are companions, teachers, magicians, bankers of the treasures of the mind. Books are humanity in print."
"Minds, like parachutes, function better when open" has long been Trans4mind's motto. As Robertson Davies said, "The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." That preparation includes abandoning our fixed ideas and long-held assumptions. An open mind is - for the moment - silent, genuinely listening... Hans Margolius: "Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
The Growth of Understanding ~ by Ken Ward
A Trainee clutching a pile of books and rushing to a university class might not normally be compared with, say, a Buddhist monk meditating in a lotus position contemplating existence, or a Japanese Zen Trainee studying a koan, or even with a high magician performing a Kabbalistic ritual, yet it seems all these Trainees are progressing through the same four stages of growth and all are seeking their enlightenment. For those interested in mental development, it is no surprise to read about exotic and religious systems that claim to enlighten, but they may be surprised, or even astonished that Trainees in traditional education follow the same stages, seeking the same result. Continues...
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!