Reveal your true self!
Trans4mind has developed a confidential and very helpful Life Assessment tool. Sign up now and discover the key challenges you face, with a personalized training plan to completely transform your life...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Life Transition: Mind Development
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Conventional education may be about cramming our minds with a syllabus in order to become a viable employee, a cog in the machine, but life-long self-directed personal development is quite different, it's about transforming our mind... unlearning all of our conditioning; opening to new possibilities; releasing our judgments, assumptions, attachments and prejudices; and nurturing our creative flame. See our previous Inspiring Quotes about The Mind
and Peter Shepherd's free online book, Transforming the Mind
Aristotle also said, "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."
We work to develop the various tools that our mind provides, e.g. by raising IQ
(through mental speed, concentration, reading skills, memory, intuition and logical/mathematical abilities). We can also work to develop our EQ
(emotional intelligence) and SQ
There's nothing like a well-written novel for providing insight into the mind and heart of another human being, albeit fictional. Films and especially short videos do nothing of the sort; unspoken words remain hidden. And non-fiction books have the space to really examine a subject in depth. I believe our true education derives from the books we read.
Well, that includes our mental development.
Mindfulness is of course a function of mind, a detachment inviting objectivity, and the presence of spirit in the present.
...and the beginning of the Spirit.
Articles about mind development...
Educating the Will ~ by Peter Shepherd
If you are concentrating you are awake and aware - your mental life is both intensified and broadened. But often, when we put our mind on something we think of something else and this, in turn, reminds us of yet another. The mind wanders from one thing to another by associations, until the original subject is forgotten. Do you find this easily happens to you? It makes study nearly impossible and completing a project successfully much more difficult. Are there ways to improve your concentration directly? Continues...
Mind Development - Two Ways of Knowing ~ by Gregory Mitchell
The left and right brain provide two modes of knowing, two modes of perceiving the world and to deal with the material of this world exist. One is potential, the other one manifest - which in most people is the right hand side which corresponds to the left brain. You might say that the left brain is the chalk and the right brain the blackboard, when both sides of the brain are working together. Continues...
No one need accept that they must remain as they were shaped, by the conditioning of their childhood and culture. The benefits of Mind Development are all encompassing and life transforming. Intelligence is a skill that can be learned and these are the courses to do so...
- How to Study - this is a FREE introductory course and presents the foundation skills necessary for mind development. Learn how to study with maximum comprehension, recall and ability to apply what you have learned effectively.
- Super Vision - demonstrates the amazing changes in mental capacity that can be created by effective techniques training perception, and illustrates how closely mind and body function in coordination.
- Effective Communication - a practical course to help you transform your personal relationships through improving your communication skills.
- Concentration: Educating the Will - teaches the best ways to improve your concentration. If you are concentrating you are awake and aware - your mental life is both intensified and broadened.
- Power Reading - enables you to double your reading speed and be able to evaluate what you have read with clear and incisive intelligence... essential ingredients to success in your profession and in your continuing education.
- Creative Memory - the key to cognitive enhancement. To further develop and memorize easily, we need to restore and integrate our creative right-brain processes of super memory. Our memory is capable of great things; it has simply not yet been trained properly.
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, you'll receive an email with several transformational quotes about a key personal growth topic - plus commentary by Peter Shepherd - to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...