Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Life Transition: Mind Development
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Conventional education may be about cramming our minds with a syllabus in order to become a viable employee, a cog in the machine, but life-long self-directed personal development is quite different, it's about transforming our mind... unlearning all of our conditioning; opening to new possibilities; releasing our judgments, assumptions, attachments and prejudices; and nurturing our creative flame. See our previous Inspiring Quotes about The Mind
and Peter Shepherd's free online book, Transforming the Mind
Aristotle also said, "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."
We work to develop the various tools that our mind provides, e.g. by raising IQ
(through mental speed, concentration, reading skills, memory, intuition and logical/mathematical abilities). We can also work to develop our EQ
(emotional intelligence) and SQ
There's nothing like a well-written novel for providing insight into the mind and heart of another human being, albeit fictional. Films and especially short videos do nothing of the sort; unspoken words remain hidden. And non-fiction books have the space to really examine a subject in depth. I believe our true education derives from the books we read.
Well, that includes our mental development.
Mindfulness is of course a function of mind, a detachment inviting objectivity, and the presence of spirit in the present.
...and the beginning of the Spirit.
Articles about mind development...
Educating the Will ~ by Peter Shepherd
If you are concentrating you are awake and aware - your mental life is both intensified and broadened. But often, when we put our mind on something we think of something else and this, in turn, reminds us of yet another. The mind wanders from one thing to another by associations, until the original subject is forgotten. Do you find this easily happens to you? It makes study nearly impossible and completing a project successfully much more difficult. Are there ways to improve your concentration directly? Continues...
Mind Development - Two Ways of Knowing ~ by Gregory Mitchell
The left and right brain provide two modes of knowing, two modes of perceiving the world and to deal with the material of this world exist. One is potential, the other one manifest - which in most people is the right hand side which corresponds to the left brain. You might say that the left brain is the chalk and the right brain the blackboard, when both sides of the brain are working together. Continues...
No one need accept that they must remain as they were shaped, by the conditioning of their childhood and culture. The benefits of Mind Development are all encompassing and life transforming. Intelligence is a skill that can be learned and these are the courses to do so...
- How to Study - this is a FREE introductory course and presents the foundation skills necessary for mind development. Learn how to study with maximum comprehension, recall and ability to apply what you have learned effectively.
- Super Vision - demonstrates the amazing changes in mental capacity that can be created by effective techniques training perception, and illustrates how closely mind and body function in coordination.
- Effective Communication - a practical course to help you transform your personal relationships through improving your communication skills.
- Concentration: Educating the Will - teaches the best ways to improve your concentration. If you are concentrating you are awake and aware - your mental life is both intensified and broadened.
- Power Reading - enables you to double your reading speed and be able to evaluate what you have read with clear and incisive intelligence... essential ingredients to success in your profession and in your continuing education.
- Creative Memory - the key to cognitive enhancement. To further develop and memorize easily, we need to restore and integrate our creative right-brain processes of super memory. Our memory is capable of great things; it has simply not yet been trained properly.
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, you'll receive an email with several transformational quotes about a key personal growth topic - plus commentary by Peter Shepherd - to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Want to renew your life?
Our online, interactive video workshops present the most effective methods of holistic personal development...
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights to master all your life challenges.
- Advance on a path of practical spirituality - being the difference you'd like to see in the world. The human heart made visible.
- Have personal support from your coach to make transitions that will fulfill your potential.
Start off with a Free Life Assessment and a Free Consultation...
Have a question about Trans4mind Training?
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Hypnosis is the key to unlocking your creativity, focusing your energy and understanding yourself
Hypnosis has a long history of helping human beings be the very best they can be. It can be used to control anything controlled by the unconscious mind - pain, blood pressure, fear, confidence levels, mood, sex drive... the list goes on:
- You'll become highly productive without getting stressed
- Tap into your creative energies instantly
- Really understand yourself and others
- You'll learn how to stay calm in high pressure or uncomfortable situations
- Develop laser-like levels of focus and concentration
Lean more... Uncommon Hypnosis Course
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.