Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Something simply IS, it exists. We can either accept that and possibly (if it is our choice to make) decide to change it for the better ... or we may resist that it exists and consider it bad. The first approach is serene and creative; the judgmental perspective means to suffer, to be a victim. Or as Joseph Campbell says, "Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer."
That's rather cynical since we're social beings, we're connected, and we learn from each other, that's what makes civilization possible. But he has a point... we can find the right balance and recognize our uniqueness, our inner voice and truth, and create our own life.
One without the other is on shaky ground. If you allow your experience and your heart to be your main teachers, checked by your reasoning, you'll empower yourself to find new meaning for your life.
Service is about connecting in a meaningful way, which therefore gives life purpose. Feel in your heart what has meaning and purpose for you and express this truth in your daily life. As David Weatherford said, "No day is wasted in which I touch another person's life in any positive, meaningful way. And so it is that I enrich my days by giving something of myself whether through a warm smile, a kind word, a sympathetic ear, a gentle embrace, or a helping hand. I don't know the meaning of life, the purpose of humanity, or why I'm even here. But I do know that anytime I act out of love, the world just feels right to me."
Without hope, our life loses meaning and purpose; we do nothing. But that hope is our creation - it's in our hands, it is a choice. As Hannah Senesh said, "One needs something to believe in, something for which one can have whole-hearted enthusiasm. One needs to feel that one's life has meaning, that one is needed in this world." If we cannot find meaning in our life, it is our responsibility to create it.
Similarly, if you really want to see a rainbow then you can deal with the rain.
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
What is Personal Development and Why Bother? ~ by Peter Shepherd
Love, and loving service to our fellows, connects us so we do not live isolated lives and life becomes meaningful. Jesus once said that the care we offer to even the smallest child or the weakest old man is received as if it were offered to God. When societies and governments are no longer at the loving service of all people, then arrogance and exploitation risk snuffing out true human development and fulfillment. Only by loving and serving others, even with the simplest of gestures, will humanity regain a sense of happiness and hope. Continues...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!