Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
As George Bernard Shaw said, "Beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance." Too often a person examining evidence will discard it as "Can't possibly be true" if it conflicts with established beliefs, which seem self-evident to the so-called expert. Particularly if the evidence is subjective, since many would maintain that is not evidence at all. This stalls progress since fixed ideas, prejudice and vested interests blind the mind. For more on this see the Rupert Sheldrake interview below.
We all know the value of education. The mind is naturally curious and we want to explore and find out why. The knowledge we gain from learning and research that interests us forms the basis for discovery, invention and career expertise. Albert Einstein also pointed out, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." But imagination builds from a wide knowledge base, covering many topics and specialities, so new possibilities become apparent and creativity breaks new bounds.
If you know yourself - if you're willing to look objectively - that's a good start on knowing others, since we all have much in common. It's also a natural result of practicing mindfulness: remaining conscious in the present rather than carried away in reactive or pre-programmed responses.
It's easy to agree. But then the tricky bit... That requires motivation that is true to your soul: who you really are, and what you really want. If you are truly inspired then action will naturally follow. Otherwise life just stays the same. Only when knowledge is put into practice can understanding develop; then with experience we have the potential to acquire wisdom.
Knowledge is having the right answer. Intelligence is asking the right question. It is tempting to offer someone an insight that you feel is just out of their reach, but to do so is to deny them the empowerment of discovery, especially the discovery of their own inner truth - which may turn out to be a different insight from our own in any case. Another way of putting it: "Knowledge is knowing what to say; wisdom is knowing when to say it."
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
Heretic for Our Times ~ Dr Rupert Sheldrake interviewed by Jay Walljasper
Biologist Rupert Sheldrake’s experiments turn everything we know about the universe inside out. Sheldrake explains that science is being constricted by assumptions that have hardened into dogmas. The 'scientific worldview' has become a belief system. All reality is material or physical. The world is a machine, made up of dead matter. Nature is purposeless. Consciousness is nothing but the physical activity of the brain. Free will is an illusion. God exists only as an idea in human minds, imprisoned within our skulls. Sheldrake examines these dogmas scientifically, and shows persuasively that science would be better off without them: freer, more interesting, and more fun. Continues...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!