Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
The Inquiring Mind
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life."
E. O. Wilson said: "To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors to further inquiry, they are likely to be wrong." The overview may seem complex but as the inter-relationships are understood, the details come more clearly into focus. As Einstein said, "If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself."
Einstein further said, "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." Children are such curious creatures, as are adults that retain an enquiring mind. They explore, question, and wonder, and by doing so, learn. When they are curious about something new, they want to explore it. And while exploring they discover. Through discovery, they learn. This positive cycle of learning is fueled by curiosity and the pleasure that comes from discovery and mastery.
Independent thought leads to an inquiring mind, a mindset that eventually leads to the questioning of the status quo. Curiosity is the prerequisite for exploring the world around and the inner world of ideas and emotions. As novel perspectives and experiences become integrated by an individual, the greater the likelihood of finding creative links among them.
Socrates, you will remember, asked all the important questions - but he never answered any of them. Our friend Einstein said, "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
Spiritual Inquiry and the Evolution of Consciousness ~ by Andrew Cohen
What is the purpose of spiritual inquiry? It is to make sense out of life at the deepest level. If we don't make the effort to deeply grasp who we are and why we are here, we will half-blindly stumble our way through life, like most people do. And that's not much help to the evolutionary process. We are living in a time when nobody really knows what the rules are anymore. Now that we have more or less transcended traditional orientations, we really have to let in the fact that those of us at the leading edge, in so many ways, are in uncharted waters. That's why engaging in the deliberate practice of philosophical and spiritual inquiry is more important than ever. Continues...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!