Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Forgiveness means letting go of anger and resentment... because who do these feelings hurt, really, other than ourselves? With forgiveness, compassion then naturally fills the place of judgment. And we benefit most from this; forgiveness is not so much something we do for other people, it's something we do for ourselves, to move on. Don't bother to remind yourself of what should have been, could have been or would have been. Release and let it go.
We all make mistakes, that's normal, and we know we were only doing our best. But to forgive another's mistake requires understanding, acceptance and compassion - spiritual qualities that enable us to connect with the other person's soul. Forgiveness is an example of unconditional love, acceptance and allowing, attributes of a truly mature and strong person.
Without forgiveness, life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. When you forgive, you simply choose to free yourself from feelings of bitterness, which only you suffer from. You retain the memory of what happened, which may well turn out to be a valuable life lesson, when seen from this new perspective, which is more likely to be compassionate and understanding. As Anthony Robbins said, "Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself."
You will begin to heal when you let go of past hurts, forgive those who have wronged you, and not least, learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes. None of us are perfect, so show yourself tolerance... you are still learning. Show yourself patience... you are on a journey. Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you found out! As Jennifer Thompson said, "To forgive yourself, you have to find a way forward. You can say, 'I'm going to work to improve myself so I never hurt another person that way.' And then you need to atone, to make the lesson you learned mean something. Do this, and you will be able to look in the mirror again."
When we maintain and nurture these ideals within ourselves, we can be better human beings and co-create a kinder, more loving world. Doing so individually and collectively will counterbalance and ultimately surpass the darkness that exists in the world. As Marianne Williamson says, "The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world."
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
Surviving Betrayal Requires a Leap of Faith ~ by Cynthia Wall
I define betrayal as any experience which continues to produce guilt, resentment, anger, fear or helplessness. The confusion often comes when you want to let it go, because it happened so long ago; or you want to believe that "they did the best they could," so shouldn't feel trapped and demeaned. How you respond to a betrayal experience will make a huge difference in how you choose to see your life, and will be mirrored in all your relationships, including your feelings about yourself. Continues...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!