My Favorite Inspiring Quotes
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
When we set an intention to change and grow, we begin a journey in which we move from coping, to learning, and finally to the mastery of living. Along the way we develop our values - based on what we are taught or conditioned to believe and on what we have determined for ourselves. Often that means rejecting what were taught or conditioned, what is popularly believed, what the groups we are part of expect us to conform to. And that is awakening.
So an existentialist atheist can be spiritual too. Camus had an intense interest in the active human psyche, in the life of conscience or spirit as it is actually experienced and lived, and a personal commitment to such values as individualism, free choice and personal responsibility. Reminds me of my dear father, atheist to the grave and as warm-hearted as a person can be.
Our inner knowing includes conscience, our sense of right and wrong, which is based on our inherent loving nature. The mind often has other ideas, so it's best to silence the mind when looking for inner guidance, to be with oneself and just know.
You do what you feel in your heart is right, and you are content. Justifiably so.
That way we discover our essence, our truth, our love. As Mother Teresa said, at the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in."
Some articles about conscience...
"To err is human, to forgive is divine." The statement is attributed to Alexander Pope but might be of ancient origin. The essence of it is that a human being is not perfect. There is no one, whether a saint or a sinner, who does not regret having done something in the past. The feelings of regret, remorse, and guilt are basically the same, the difference is only of degree. They are all related to one's conscience and they always pertain to the past. Continues...
Religion and science go together. As I’ve said before, science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind. They are interdependent and have a common goal—the search for truth. Continues...
How shall I live? is the question that brings us from the mountaintop of inner realization to the valley of daily living. Here, in the valley of daily living, is where our realization is polished and tested. This is where we show ourselves, where we tell the truth about our love and loves, where we finally make sense of the whole thing not in words and ideas and theories, but in the simple way we touch living things. In our daily living is where we demonstrate what we know about being an embodiment of love. Continues...
More of My Favorite Inspiring Quotes
With Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Ability — Abundance — Action — Adaptability — Adversity — Affirmations — Age — Animals — Appreciation — Attitude — Awakening — Awareness — Balance — Beauty — Begin — Being In the Present — Being Yourself — Belief — Be the Change — Birth & Rebirth — Blessings — Career — Challenges in Life — Change the World — Change Your Life — Character — Children — Choice — Civilization — Common Sense — Communication in Relationships — Community — Compassion — Conscience — Courage — Confidence — Connection — Creativity — Criticism — Curiosity — Death — Desire — Determination — Discipline — Diversity — Doing Good — Dreams — Ego — Emotional Intelligence — Enlightenment — Entrepreneur — Evolution & Progress — Excellence — Experience — Excuses — Failure — Family — Fashion — Fear — Forgiveness — Freedom — Free Will — Friendship — Get Started — Gibran on Marriage — Giving — God is... — Gratitude — Greatness — Hard Work — Habits — Happiness — Healing — Health — Heart — Heart & Work — Home — Hope — Humility — Humor — Ideals — Imagination— Independence — Inner Peace — Integrity — Inner Guidance — Inquiring Mind — Introvert/Extrovert — Intention — Involvement — Judgmental — Kindness — Karma — Knowing Yourself — Knowledge — Leadership — Learning — Letting Life Unfold — Liberty — Life — Light of Love — Listening — Listening II — Love — Loyalty & Marriage — Manifestation — Meaning — Meditation — Memories — Mind — Mindfulness — Miracles — Mistakes — Motivation — Music — Nature — Non-Resistance — Old Age — Oneness — Optimism — Parenting — Passion — Patience — Peace — Personal Growth — Pets — Potential — Positive Approach — Possibilities — Prayer — Presence — Privacy — Quality — Reaching the End — Relaxation — Releasing Emotions — Religion — Responsibility — Risk — Romance — Self-Judgment — Self-Love — Service — Sexuality — Shine Consciously — Silence — Smile! — Spiritual Intelligence — Sports — Stereotypes — Stress — Suffering — Support — Surrender — Thanksgiving — Time — Togetherness — Tolerance — Transformation — Transitions in Your Life — Travel — Trust — Truth — Ups and Downs of Life — Unconditional Love — Values — Vision — Wayne Dyer — Wholeness — Wisdom — Women's Rights — Work-Life Balance — Working Together — Youth — You're Unique!
Our Life Challenges
The key challenges we face in life:HEALING YOURSELF: Find Your Healing Path — Learn to Forgive — Get Over Guilt — Overcome Jealousy & Envy — Let Go of Anger & Frustration — Improve Your Self-Esteem — Overcome Fear & Anxiety — Overcome Bad Habits — Cope with a Major Loss —
BEING SUCCESSFUL: Achieve Success — Be a Person of Integrity — Reach Your Goals — Express Yourself Creatively — Find Your Life's Purpose — Present Yourself Well — Find Fulfillment at Work — Work Well in a Team — Be a Leader — Master Money — Empower Others —
ENHANCING RELATIONSHIPS: - Have Meaningful Relationships — Develop Social Skills — Establish Boundaries — Express Myself — Ask Powerful Questions — Learn to Listen — Be Non-Judgmental — Resolve Conflict — Create Intimacy —
FREE RESOURCE: The Personal Journal
Words of Wisdom
Tools for Transformation
Trans4mind offers its visitors a huge range of complimentary personal development resources for self-directed education and transformation of the whole person...
Check out the menus on the top of every page too!
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...