Inspiring Quotes of the Week + super bonuses!
Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Communication in Relationships
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
A satisfying relationship with another person requires good communication, mutual understanding and empathy. If there is a significant drop in one of these factors, e.g. we disagree and have an argument, then an upset ensues - we aren't speaking to one another anymore. We have to get over that barrier and start communicating - which means to begin listen openly and intently as well as to express how we feel. Communication is the solvent of all problems, therefore communication skills are the foundation for personal development. As Brahma Kumaris says, "Good feelings for others are like ointments that heal wounds and re-establish friendship and relationships. Good feelings are generated in the mind, are transmitted through your attitude and are reflected through your eyes and smile. Smiling opens the heart and a glance can make miracles happen."
Mindfulness is the practice of being consciously aware of one's thoughts, feelings and actions, paying attention in the present moment, and perceiving what exists non-judgmentally. It's the opposite to mindlessly reacting according to programmed behavior patterns and emotional responses, "flying off the handle" in other words. It's an ability we can all cultivate if we have a mind to, and our relationships will benefit massively if we do.
Communication (expression and listening) leads to understanding, which leads to empathy, which leads to compassion. Compromise and agreements become possible, the way ahead shared. With good communication you can feel connected, understood, appreciated and more loved - and make another feel the same. Good communication is like water to a plant, it helps relationships blossom and grow.
People can sometimes be hesitant to be honest, to tell the truth, and all of the truth. We can use our gut feeling to know when what's being said isn't congruent with the situation. And use our intuition to know what question to ask that will bring the truth out into the open. Don't assume your partner knows about everything you expect or want in a relationship. Let him or her know. A relationship should be based on communication, not on assumption.
Serving others offers great rewards. Serving at the expense of yourself - through propitiation or people-pleasing as a means of manipulation - comes with a huge cost that ultimately limits your ability to serve, and limits your ability to achieve anything through authentic commitment.
Richard Branson: Communication makes the world go round. It facilitates human connections, and allows us to learn, grow and progress. It’s not just about speaking or reading, but understanding what is being said – and in some cases what is not being said. Communication is the most important skill any leader can possess. We have certainly relied on it to drive the success of the Virgin story. In appreciation of the art of communication, here are my top 10 quotes on the subject…
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
I attended a week-long silent retreat recently and learned a wonderful mindfulness communication skill that could benefit all couples. What I just love about this technique is the simplicity of the process. Wherever you are in your relationship, whether you’re at the beginning and experiencing romantic love, or perhaps you’ve been together a long time and the intimacy and lust has faded, this simple technique can help you start to connect deeply with yourself and your partner. Here are the steps... Continues
Inspiring Quotes of the Week Plus
Ability Abundance Action Adaptability Adversity Affirmations Age Appreciation Awakening Awareness Balance Beauty Begin Being In the Present Being Yourself Belief Be the Change Change the World Character Children Choice Civilization Communication in Relationships Community Compassion Courage Confidence Connection Creativity Criticism Death Determination Discipline Doing Good Dreams Ego Emotional Intelligence Excellence Experience Excuses Failure Family Fear Forgiveness Freedom Free Will Friendship Get Started Gibran on Marriage Giving God is... Gratitude Greatness Hard Work Habits Happiness Healing Health Heart Heart & Work Home Hope Humor Imagination Independence Integrity Inquiring Mind Inner Guidance Intention Involvement Judgmental Kindness Knowing Yourself Knowledge Leadership Learning Letting Life Unfold Liberty Life Listening Listening II Love Love & Marriage Manifestation Meaning Meditation Memories Mind Mindfulness Mistakes Motivation Nature Old Age Oneness Optimism Parenting Passion Patience Peace Personal Growth Potential Positive Approach Possibilities Prayer Presence Quality Reaching the End Releasing Emotions Responsibility Risk Romance Self-Love Service Shine Consciously Spiritual Intelligence Stereotypes Stress Suffering Support Thanksgiving Time Togetherness Tolerance Transformation Trust Truth Ups and Downs of Life Vision Wayne Dyer Wholeness Wisdom Women's Rights Work-Life Balance Working Together Youth
The Key Challenges We Face in Life:HEALING YOURSELF - Find Your Healing Path Learn to Forgive Get Over Guilt Overcome Jealousy & Envy Let Go of Anger & Frustration Improve Your Self-Esteem Overcome Fear & Anxiety Overcome Bad Habits Cope with a Major Loss
BEING SUCCESSFUL - Achieve Success Be a Person of Integrity Reach Your Goals Express Yourself Creatively Find Your Life's Purpose
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!