Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
"I'm not good enough; you can't change the way you are; I don't need anyone; I can't trust anyone; if I am not in control, something bad will happen; I am a victim; I am superior to others; if I am vulnerable, I will get hurt; I am bad; I am stupid; I must be perfect; I'm a loser; I am my flaws; whatever I do won't be enough; I don't deserve to be happy; when bad things happen, it is my fault; others can but I can't; I deserve to feel bad; my needs are not important; if I give in to others, I will lose my point of view; there's something wrong with me; you're stuck with your beliefs; I'm not worthy of love; I have to do everything perfectly; I shouldn't show my true feelings; I am responsible for how others feel; I must be in control; having problems means I don't have it together; success is for better people than me; I won't succeed so why bother trying; I have to do as I am told" ...and a thousand others likewise, and that's just those relevant to personal development. We learn these things in childhood and they are contagious from person to person. And often false. We need to need to remain open to revising our beliefs in order to move forward with our lives.
We see the world through the filter of our beliefs. But beliefs and reality may conflict, and we walk into walls. By suspending belief and observing directly - both the world around us and our inner world - we can then differentiate the truth of what is from a perspective ruled by conditioning. Eventually we have to make up our minds, to judge what makes sense for us to believe in. But there's a difference between being judgmental and making a judgment; we can't sit on the fence the whole time, we'd be good for nothing if we weren't able to make a decision based on informed opinion and our heartfelt values (rather than assumption or prejudice).
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dream," said Eleanor Roosevelt. "I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief."
Belief is truth (as you perceive it) held in the mind, because of what somebody else says or because you worked it out; faith is a fire in the heart. A belief can become faith when it is based on inner knowing. When you "just know," you can best put your certainty into action. Furthermore, inner knowing connects with your spiritual dimension, so all becomes possible.
If you persist long enough, and learn from your mistakes along the way, you will achieve. Learning from your mistakes, though, requires keeping one's beliefs open to revision. Fixed beliefs mean evidence is ignored because "it can't be true."
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
"My Belief" Bias ~ by Dr. Linda Sapadin
There’s nothing like the start of a political season to remind us that when we have an agenda to promote, (especially if that agenda is our own aggrandizement), it’s tempting to take an absolutist position. My position is right. Yours is not only wrong, it’s also half-baked, ill-advised and unwise. Though verbal attacks do not always spring out like Donald Trump blows, prick the surface and they are there. But are politicians so different from us when we are mean, mad, scared or hyping our own agenda? Indeed not. Continues
Extraordinary Success Comes With the Right Belief ~ by Dr. Alan Zimmerman
Henry Ford knew a great deal about automobiles and manufacturing. But he also knew a great deal about success and what it takes to achieve it. As he wisely observed, if you think you can do something or if you think you can't, you're right. In other words, your thoughts are a powerful, determining factor in your success. You must... Continues
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each week you'll receive several transformational quotes about one of the key challenges we all face in life - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 50 ebooks in the Transformational eLibrary - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!