Balancing Acid/Alkaline Foods
By Peter Shepherd
A surprising number and variety of physical problems and diseases can be caused by the problem of foods that are acid-producing after digestion. Today the vast majority of the populace in industrialized nations suffers from problems caused by the stress of acidosis, because both modern lifestyle and diet promote acidification of the body's internal environment.
The current typical Western diet is largely composed of acid-forming foods (proteins, cereals, sugars). Alkaline-producing foods such as vegetables are eaten in much smaller quantities. Stimulants like tobacco, coffee, tea, and alcohol are also extremely acidifying. Stress, and physical activity (both insufficient or excessive amounts) also cause acidification.
Many foods are alkaline-producing or neutral by nature, but manufactured processed foods are mostly acid-producing and these are the ones most heavily advertised in the media, and filling the shelves of supermarkets. The whole issue is denigrated as pseudo-science by many in the medical establishment - for more information, download and read this excerpt from Naturally Good Magazine, The Relationship between Body PH and Disease - or download this more formal scientific paper about the role of alkaline/acidic balance in chronic disease and detoxification. Whatever, the experience of my own family and friends clearly demonstrates eating a diet that correctly balances acid- and alkaline-producing foods is beneficial to health.
It is important to consume at least 60% alkaline-producing foods in our diet, in order to maintain health. We need plenty of fresh fruits and particularly vegetables (alkaline-producing) to balance our necessary protein intake (acid-producing). And we need to avoid processed, sugary or simple-carbohydrate foods, not only because they are acid-producing but also because they raise blood sugar level too quickly - with high glycemic index, therefore fattening and stressing our insulin response - plus they tend to be nutrient-lacking and may be toxic too.
The body maintains correct pH in the blood at all costs, by homeostasis, but that is stressful for the body's systems and resources when the diet is unbalanced in terms of acid-forming foods (the residue after digestion, that is). Within cells it's a different story. Saliva and urine tests show clearly enough the changes in alkalinity or acidity that are caused by diet and lifestyle.
What is the body's pH?
Water is the most abundant compound in the human body, comprising 70% of the body. The body therefore contains a wide range of solutions, which may be more or less acid. pH (potential of Hydrogen) is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution - the ratio between positively charged ions (acid-forming) and negatively charged ions (alkaline-forming.) The pH of any solution is the measure of its hydrogen-ion concentration. The higher the pH reading, the more alkaline and oxygen rich the fluid is. The lower the pH reading, the more acidic and oxygen deprived the fluid is. The pH range is from 0 to 14, with 7.0 being neutral. Anything above 7.0 is alkaline, anything below 7.0 is considered acidic.
Human blood pH should be slightly alkaline (7.35 - 7.45). Below or above this range means symptoms and disease. If blood pH moves below 6.8 or above 7.8, cells stop functioning and the body dies. The body therefore continually strives to balance pH. When this balance is compromised many problems can occur.
An imbalanced diet high in acidic-producing foods such as animal protein, sugar, caffeine, and processed foods puts pressure on the body's regulating systems to maintain pH neutrality. The extra buffering required can deplete the body of alkaline minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, making the person prone to chronic and degenerative disease. Minerals are borrowed from vital organs and bones to buffer (neutralize) the acid and safely remove it from the body. Because of this strain, the body can suffer severe and prolonged damage--a condition that may go undetected for years.
Health problems caused by acidosis
Research shows that unless the body's pH level is slightly alkaline, the body cannot heal itself. So no matter what means you choose to take care of your health, it won't be effective until the pH level is balanced. If your body's pH is not balanced, for example, you cannot effectively assimilate vitamins, minerals and food supplements. Your body pH affects everything.
Acidosis will decrease the body's ability to absorb minerals and other nutrients, decrease the energy production in the cells, decrease it's ability to repair damaged cells, decrease it's ability to detoxify heavy metals, make tumor cells thrive, and make it more susceptible to fatigue and illness.
An acidic pH can occur from an acid-forming diet, emotional stress, toxic overload, and/or immune reactions or any process that deprives the cells of oxygen and other nutrients. The body will try to compensate for acidic pH by using alkaline minerals. If the diet does not contain enough minerals to compensate, a build up of acids in the cells will occur. Acidosis can cause such problems as:
Cardiovascular damage. |
Weight gain, obesity and diabetes.
Acceleration of free radical damage.
Osteoporosis and joint pain.
Aching muscles and lactic acid buildup.
Low energy and chronic fatigue.
Slow digestion and elimination.|
Lack of energy and fatigue.
Lower body temperature.
Tendency to get infections.
Loss of drive, joy, and enthusiasm.
Inflammation of the corneas and eyelids.
Loose and painful teeth.|
Inflamed, sensitive gums.
Mouth and stomach ulcers.
Cracks at the corners of the lips.
Excess stomach acid.
Nails are thin and split easily.
Hair looks dull, has split ends, and falls out.
Skin easily irritated.
Leg cramps and spasms.
Test Your Body's Acidity or Alkalinity with pH Strips
It is recommended that you test your pH levels to determine if your body's pH needs immediate attention. By using pH test strips (Litmus Paper), you can determine your pH factor quickly and easily in the privacy of your own home. The best time to test your pH is about one hour before a meal and two hours after a meal.
Saliva pH Test: Simply wet a piece of Litmus Paper with your saliva. While generally more acidic than blood, salivary pH mirrors the blood and tells us what the body retains. It is a fair indicator of the health of the extracellular fluids and their alkaline mineral reserves. The optimal pH for saliva is 6.4 to 6.8. A reading lower than 6.4 is indicative of insufficient alkaline reserves. After eating, the saliva pH should rise to 7.5 or more. To deviate from an ideal salivary pH for an extended time invites illness. If your saliva stays between 6.5 and 7.5 all day, your body is functioning within a healthy range.
Acidosis, an extended time in the acid pH state, can result in rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, lupus, tuberculosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, most cancers and many more. If salivary pH stays too low, the diet should focus on fruit, vegetables and mineral water as well as remove strong acidifiers such as sodas, whole wheat and red meat.
Urine pH Test: The pH of the urine indicates how the body is working to maintain the proper pH of the blood. The urine reveals the alkaline (building - anabolic) and acid (tearing down - catabolic) metabolic cycles. The pH of urine indicates the efforts of the body via the kidneys, adrenals, lungs and gonads to regulate pH through the buffer salts and hormones. Urine can provide a fairly accurate picture of body chemistry, because the kidneys filter out the buffer salts of pH regulation and provide values based on what the body is eliminating. Urine pH can vary from around 4.5 to 9.0 in extremes, but the ideal range is 6.0 to 7.0. If your urinary pH fluctuates between 6.0 to 6.5 first thing in the morning and between 6.5 and 7.0 in the evening before dinner, your body is functioning within a healthy range.
Urine testing may indicate how well your body is excreting acids and assimilating minerals, especially calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. These minerals function as "buffers." Buffers are substances that help maintain and balance the body against the introduction of too much acidity or too much alkalinity. Even with the proper amounts of buffers, acid or alkaline levels can become stressful to the body's regulatory systems. When the body produces too many of these acids or alkalis, it must excrete the excess. The urine is the method the body uses to remove any excess acids or alkaline substances that cannot be buffered. If the body's buffering system is overwhelmed, a state of "autointoxication" exists, and attention should be given to reducing this stress.
Understanding How an Alkaline Diet Works
Alkaline diets are a popular choice for people who want to achieve optimum good health. However, many people don't actually understand this diet or how it works. The concept is actually fairly simple - the diet just focuses on regaining the balance that was lost when man started to eat a more domesticated diet. Instead of focusing on foods that are high in sugar, simple carbohydrates (like white bread and chips) and fatty meat and dairy... an alkaline diet primarily moves the balance toward fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, wholesome protein sources such as beans and legumes, and healthy oils such as olive and flax seed.
These foods may be either alkaline or acid in their natural state, but after the process of digestion they all produce what is termed as an "alkaline ash" once digested and metabolized by the body. When the body's pH is kept at a slightly alkaline level, all the systems can work more efficiently.
Understanding the Effects of the Body's pH Level
The pH level of the body has the ability to affect every single cell of the body. When the blood has an alkaline pH instead of an acidic pH, it will have a positive effect on how every bodily system functions. The brain, circulatory system, nerves, muscles, respiratory system, digestive system, and reproductive system can all benefit from a proper pH level. On the other hand, when the pH of the body is too acidic, it is susceptible to many diseases and problems. Weight gain, heart disease, premature aging, fatigue, nerve problems, allergies, muscle disease and cancer are all more prevalent when the body's pH is not optimal. Because these problems are all more likely to occur when the body's pH is too acid, it makes good sense to eat a diet rich in alkalizing foods. The primary goal is usually to eat approximately 75-80% alkaline foods along with only about 20-25% acidifying foods. If this level is maintained in the diet, the end result is a slightly alkaline pH in the body, which is perfect for optimum good health.
Choosing Foods for an Alkaline Diet
It's actually quite easy to eat a diet rich in alkaline-producing foods. Most fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent choices. Red meat is not a good choice, but you can add plenty of protein to your meals by using soy products, delicious beans, legumes, and nuts such as almonds. You should eliminate unhealthy fats from your diet, but you can use good fats such as olive, canola, and flax seed oil. High fat dairy products should be avoided, but you can drink soy milk and goat's milk. Cheeses made from soy milk and goat's milk would also be good choices. Replace the empty calories of soda with delicious iced herb tea, green tea and lemon water. Coffee should be avoided, but you can drink hot herbal or green tea. Replace pasta with healthy whole grains such as wild rice, millet and quinoa. When sweetening your foods, focus on natural products such as raw sugar, Stevia and maple sugar. As you can see, you'll have many nutritious choices that are both delicious and high in alkalizing properties.
Use the food charts below to make your lifestyle more alkaline and reap the benefits of vibrant health and abundant energy...
|BEANS, VEGETABLES, LEGUMES
||Vegetable Juices, Parsley, Raw Spinach, Broccoli, Celery, Garlic, Barley Grass
||Carrots, Green Beans, Lima Beans, Beets, Lettuce, Zucchini, Carob
||Squash, Asparagus, Rhubarb, Fresh Corn, Mushrooms, Onions, Cabbage, Peas, Cauliflower, Turnip, Beetroot, Potato, Olives, Soybeans, Tofu
||Sweet Potato, Cooked Spinach, Kidney Beans
||Pinto Beans, Navy Beans
||Dried Figs, Watermelon, Lemons
||Dates, Blackcurrant, Grapes, Papaya, Kiwi, Berries, Apples, Pears
||Coconut, Sour Cherries, Tomatos, Oranges, Cherries, Pineapple, Peaches, Avocados, Grapefruit, Mangoes, Strawberries, Papayas, Raisins, Limes
||Blueberries, Cranberries, Bananas, Plums, Processed Fruit Juices
||Amaranth, Lentils, Sweetcorn, Wild Rice, Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat
||Rye Bread, Whole Grain Bread, Oats, Brown Rice
||White Rice, White Bread, Pastries, Biscuits, Pasta
||Liver, Oysters, Organ Meat
||Fish, Turkey, Chicken, Lamb
||Beef, Pork, Veal, Shellfish, Canned Tuna & Sardines|
|EGGS & DAIRY
||Soy Cheese, Soy Milk, Goat Milk, Goat Cheese, Buttermilk, Whey
||Whole Milk, Butter, Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Cream, Ice Cream
||Eggs, Camembert, Hard Cheese
||Parmasan, Processed Cheese|
|NUTS & SEEDS
||Chestnuts, Brazils, Coconut
||Pumpkin, Sesame, Sunflower Seeds
||>Pecans, Cashews, Pistachios
||Flax Seed Oil, Olive Oil
||Corn Oil, Sunflower Oil, Margarine, Lard
||Herb Teas, Lemon Water
||Tea (black), Coffee, Beer, Liquor|
||Maple Syrup, Rice Syrup
||Raw Honey, Raw Sugar
||White Sugar, Processed Honey
||Milk Chocolate, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Jam, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar
Foods: are they Acid or Alkaline-forming?
Note that a food's acid or alkaline-forming tendency in the body has nothing to do with the actual pH of the food itself. For example, lemons are very acidic, however the end-products they produce after digestion and assimilation are alkaline so lemons are alkaline-forming in the body. Likewise, meat will test alkaline before digestion but it leaves acidic residue in the body so, like nearly all animal products, meat is classified as acid-forming.
It is important that your daily dietary intake of food naturally acts to balance your body pH. To maintain health, the diet should consist of at least 60% alkaline forming foods and at most 40% acid forming foods. To restore health, the diet should consist of 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acid forming foods.
Note: there are inconsistencies between the acid- or alkaline-forming values given in the lists provided by many websites, and few reliable references. Please don't take the above chart as any more than an approximate guide. Sites copy information (and errors) from each other and we're not scientific institutes, we go by personal experience and experience with clients, measuring with litmus paper, health results gathered over time, and such - not laboratory testing of isolated substances.
Nevertheless, the principles are clear: eat plenty of vegetables, some fruit daily, and don't eat too much of dairy products, grain products, and direct protein from eggs, meat and fish (as is typically the case in Western diet). But remember... you don't have to cut out all acid-forming foods - some are necessary, typically 40% - otherwise you probably wouldn't get enough protein and variety of nutrients, yet alone make interesting meals that you enjoy. But you DO want to shift the overall balance of your diet over toward the alkaline, and away from the excessively acid-forming diet of a quick-food culture.
Free range eggs, fish, beans, unsaturated oils - these are healthy foods, low glycemic and nutritious, and even if marginally acid-forming (or alkaline or between the two depending on how you measure or what chart you read). They are NOT the culprits in an acid-forming diet. The real culprits are highly sweetened foods, pastries, red meat, colas and highly processed foods - these are the ones to reduce to a sensible amount or cut out of your diet if they also contain stimulants and undesirable chemical additives.
Similarly, be sure to include your share of the high alkaline-forming foods to balance those low-acid foods you eat for their overall nutritional value. And make alkaline choices, e.g. better to have brown rice than white rice, even though both are on the acid-forming side, because it moves you in the right pH direction - less acid - and also it is more healthy and nutritious in other respects.
More Diet Advice
Detoxify with Fruit & Vegetable Juices
All natural, raw, vegetable and fruit juices are alkaline-producing. (Fruit juices become more acid-producing when processed and especially when sweetened.)
The Science: Why are acidic lemons alkaline-producing?
The answer is simply that when we digest the food, it produces alkaline residue. That's why we classify it as an alkaline food. When we digest a food it is chemically oxidized ('burned') to form water, carbon dioxide and an inorganic compound. The alkaline or acidic nature of the inorganic compound formed determines whether the food is alkaline or acid-producing. If it contains more sodium, potassium or calcium, it's classed as an alkaline food. If it contains more sulphur, phosphate or chloride, it's classed as an acid food.
What difference does it make to have toxic blood?
In order for the body to remain healthy and alive, your body keeps a delicate and precise balance of blood pH at 7.365, which is slightly alkaline. The body does whatever it has to in order to maintain this balance. The problem is that most people have incredibly acid lifestyles. Acid is produced in your body whenever you have stress, upset emotions and when the food you eat is acid-forming.
The typical diet is significantly acidic. So what happens to your body when you're over-acid? Your body will store excess acid in your fat cells (which is why so many people have such trouble losing weight). Over time, your body will leach calcium and alkaline stores from your bones in a desperate attempt to retain the pH balance in your body (which is why some people "shrink" as they get older).
Your blood plays a very important role in your healthy and energy: it carries oxygen to all your cells! This gives you energy, and it's what keeps you alive. It also plays a key role in how energizing your sleep is. Here's a picture of healthy red blood cells:
Do you see how far apart the blood cells are from each other? As a result, your blood can move freely throughout your entire body, and get into all your small capillaries, so you feel like your whole body is getting energy. During deep sleep, proper blood flow and hydration is important. When your blood looks like this, your sleep is also really energizing and you need less of it!
Blood cells have a negative charge on the outside and a positive charge inside; this is what keeps them healthy and far apart from each other. However, when your body is over-acidic, the acid strips your blood of its negative charge. Your blood cells no longer have the same repelling force and clump together like this:
When your blood is clumped together, it no longer can get to all the little capillaries in your body to give you the life giving oxygen you need. It no longer can give ever cell of your body the energizing and rejuvenating effects. This is the major reason why some people feel horrible when they wake up, and why they need to sleep longer. It's also why you tend to wake up feeling de-hydrated.
Most of us, from the time we're children, have a fear installed into us by our parents that "Disease is out to get you, and viruses are flying around all over the place looking for their next victim!" It comes with sayings like: "Put on your sweater or you'll 'catch' a cold!" However, the truth is most of us create toxic environments inside of our body and this is why disease and fatigue happens. It doesn't happen TO YOU, instead, "you" make it happen...
Here's a good example: Pretend you had a goldfish in a bowl, and one day you saw the goldfish was beginning to look very unhealthy. You also notice that the water is a little dirty. What makes more sense? To take the fish out and try to fix it? Or change its water? Chances are it's the water that's making the fish unhealthy, not the fish itself. When you change the water, the fish will get healthier. The fact that the goldfish is unhealthy is actually a SYMPTOM of the unhealthy environment. Not the problem.
Fact: Our bodies are more than 70% Water! And most of the time because of our diets, emotions and lifestyles, the "water" in our body is over-acidic, and to put it simply: toxic. Yet, even knowing this, modern day establishment medicine puts much more attention on fighting the symptoms, and not recognizing the root of the problem.
There are a few other things, in addition to diet, that can be done to help correct an over acidic balance. These include taking enzyme supplements, organic calcium and magnesium supplements, colloidal minerals, vitamin A and D, and drinking alkaline vegetable juices (carrot, celery and beet) and lemon/maple syrup drink.
We can remedy our over-acidic bodies in the short term with alkalizing supplements, but going forward, we must also choose a diet which is balanced on the side of alkaline-forming foods. Fortunately most of these are also low glycemic, which takes care of the second primary factor in our creating a healthy diet. Ensure adequate Omega 3 with oily fish in our diet, which is another primary factor, and we can be sure to live long and healthy lives.
An unexpected benefit is that good pH balance from an alkaline diet can help reduce hair loss, because the hormone that causes male and female pattern baldness is reduced in the scalp in alkaline conditions. Learn more in this comprehensive guide.
Rainforest Herb - with added Nootropics!
Gives You Lasting Mental Energy Throughout the Day...
With Recharge, you won’t find a better brain booster or memory enhancer. Plus you’ll support your immune system and boost your physical performance. And there’s no mistaking … you’ll feel the kick right away.
Your brain has a huge appetite for choline. It's the primary building block for acetylcholine, your brain's key neurotransmitter. Your brain uses it to maintain clear communication between trillions of neurons. You need it for all the basics like thought, memory, focus, attention, and sleep. It even controls how you move. Your muscles receive commands from your brain via acetylcholine. But like many nutrients, your supply of choline drops as you get older. And a lack of choline puts you on the fast track to mental decline, like:
- Poor recall and memory loss.
- Fatigue and/or lack of energy.
- Brain fog and/or a sense of confusion.
- Inability to catch on, or learn new things.
- Feeling distracted or irritable.
Recharge restores choline levels and further supplements key nutrients that support your mental process, such as melissa officinalis – that encourages blood flow and helps to protect brain cells from dying; and eugenol - that protects the physical structure and blood flow in the brain, as well as encouraging brain-cell renewal, high-level thinking, concentration and powers of recall.
You'll notice the lift right away. If you do crosswords, you'll finish them in a fraction of the time. Things like organization, recall and comprehension just fall into place.
When you read something, you "just get it." When someone is explaining something, you understand what they're getting at before they even get to the point. You move into a feeling of extreme alertness. You're aware of everything and it's all so clear.
The processing speed of your brain gets a triple-turbo boost. It's like stepping up to one of those super-computers NASA uses for space flight.
One of the experiences is the "alert but calm" feeling. Your focus becomes almost laser-like. And it lasts all day.
Get started today and get your own taste of clarity.
FasterEFT for Change and Transformation
Many of us who wish to really help people begin our journey with trying to help someone in our family who has problems or an illness. Or we want to work on ourselves.
We seek healing methods, modalities and tools. Anything that would work to make us feel better. This search often becomes a passion about helping others in the process of our learnings as well. We take courses, get certifications of all kinds and soak up all kinds of philosophies and tools. We go from one course and certification to another because it's just not quite "IT." Not quite what we've been looking for.
FasterEFT is a methodology developed by Robert G. Smith after many years of studying and working with thousands of people. It is a collection of new cutting-edge techniques and processes that integrates the most effective elements of EFT, BSFF, NLP, spiritual understanding, science and the mind’s great ability to transform itself. One of the greatest aspects in FasterEFT is that it is fast, direct and to the point. FasterEFT can quickly transform how you represent your past, shift your emotional disruptions and restore your physical health.
FasterEFT addresses the entire mind/body system which includes what you think and how you process your thoughts, along with the body’s response. It is a self-empowering system that gives you control over your past, present and your future. It will show you how to design and transform your life right now.
This is one of the most direct and simple but profound methods of healing out there. It has been proven to outperform years of therapy and other modalities out there. It gets to the point and helps people make changes fast! It also empowers people to continue the work on their own and not be dependent on therapists or practitioners to take responsibility for their own healing.
FasterEFT is a universal healing system that can help you release:
• Anxiety • Low Self-esteem • Fears • Phobias • Creative Blocks • Weight • Depression
• Grief & Loss • Cravings • Headache • Relationship Problems • Insomnia • Bad Habits
• Disease • Allergy • Pain • Fatigue • Trauma • Addictions
FasterEFT will also help you improve:
• Weight Control • Energy • Performance • Sleep & Relaxation • Immune System
FasterEFT addresses the core of these issues and works fast!
This is what most are looking for. Search no more. Learn how to release and let go of past traumas and limiting beliefs that hold you back from the life you want.
"You are what you eat" but taking full responsibility for food and healthy eating in your life can be quite a challenge. Especially nowadays, in the modern world, we are all surrounded by temptations to consume too much, and too much of the wrong thing. And not only temptation - a whole industry is devoted to persuading us to indulge ourselves to excess.
And what if your challenge is in the other direction? What if you have been depriving yourself unhealthily, and are trying to return to a more balanced approach? All that pressure is no help to you either.
Of course you need to take practical measures to manage your food intake and establish a good and healthy routine, but you will be much more likely to succeed at this if you focus on the psychological aspects of nutrition and eating. And this is where hypnosis can really help you.
The following food and healthy eating hypnosis downloads are based on a solid understanding of the psychological underpinnings of unhealthy consumption. You can find a download to help you comfortably, easily and effectively take control of how food contributes to your healthy lifestyle...
You can begin to free yourself from anorexia
This download can help you control and overcome bulimia
Drink More Water
This session will help program your unconscious mind to remember to drink plenty of water
Eat More Vegetables
You really can look forward to being able to eat more fruit and vegetables
Get motivation and focus to gain weight quickly
Gluten Free Diet
Hypnosis is a great help if you really want to keep to your gluten free diet regime
It's easy to stop being a picky eater when you use hypnosis to help
Reduce Salt Intakep
Reduce your salt intake by getting your unconscious mind on your si
Stop Drinking Soda
Drinking soda is bad news for your health - now you can cut it out
Are you struggling with weight loss? Hypnosis can provide the extra motivation and determination to keep you moving in the direction of your goals, and help you escape the many food traps that can cause weight gain.
Self hypnosis for weight loss is the perfect tool for re-educating your unconscious mind - the part that creates cravings and impulses - to give you back real choice in what you eat. You know that a real and permanent change in your weight only comes with a change in lifestyle, not through fad diets that you can't possibly keep up over the long term. The following weight control hypnosis downloads can help you make those changes, and far more quickly and easily than you ever imagined possible.
Why is hypnotherapy so much more effective than just dieting alone? Because it lifts you out of a double bind. On the one hand, faddy dieting and unnatural calorie restriction actually causes your body to store fat more effectively, and create cravings for high-calorie, unsatiating foods. In addition, feeling 'deprived' on a daily basis is eventually going to drive you to bingeing and rebellion, no matter how strong your self-control. In short, hunger always wins in the end.
Break the patterns and habits of poor or over eating and take control of your hunger and weight.
Taking a psychological approach with hypnosis deals with the hidden patterns behind poor eating and over-eating at the same level as they occur - deep in your unconscious mind. That's why it's so much more effective. Taking control back and giving your body the foods it needs will make maintaining a healthy weight natural and easy.
Save 42% with the 10 download Weight Loss Hypnosis Pack, containing the 10 most needed solutions to weight loss problems.
The Encyclopedia of Medical Breakthroughs and Forbidden Treatments
Published by Medical Research Associates Health secrets and little-known therapies for specific health conditions from A-Z.
This fascinating resource explains the causes of disease, how conventional treatments work, and most importantly the treatment options that are available - including some that most doctors are unlikely to be aware of - plus nutritional and alternative methods of treatment that have a record of success.
Whatever the health issue, you will obtain understanding, choices and new possibilities... factors all too rare in a typical visit to the physician.
I'm sure you understand the importance of health and physical wellbeing in relation to personal development. Being pain free and having plentiful energy are the starting point, really, for an aware, mindful state of being and for achievement of one's goals.
That being said, I've never come across a health book as monumental in it's significance - and as timely - as the one I'm about to introduce to you.
Indeed this is an encyclopedia that contains a compilation of medical symptoms, causes and treatments alongside never-before-published alternative medicine discoveries. It's used by many MDs and saves a lot of time.
This is really well researched material, with tons of citations. With every ailment or disease I looked up, I found an astounding amount of in-depth, eye-opening information. The book also features many scientifically proven treatment options that are unknown to, or ignored by, mainstream medicine.
- What price can you put on never having to watch helplessly as your loved ones suffer from illness or disease -- or even possibly die -- with you not being able to do anything about it?
- How much is it worth to never be at the mercy of conventional doctors and the pharmaceutical industry again -- or settle for invasive, risky, expensive and ineffective treatments offered by mainstream medicine?
- What value can you put on a lifetime membership to an exclusive website that keeps you constantly updated on all the new healing discoveries and the most accurate, reliable and up-to-date guidance that will enable you to easily make informed decisions for your health and the health of your loved ones?
- What would you be willing to pay for the peace of mind of knowing exactly the right thing to do whenever disease strikes you or your loved ones -- and safeguarding yourself from drugs, surgery and medical treatments that could have adverse effects on your health?
Everything is spelled out in easy-to-understand, layman's terms - not in technical terminology that one would need a medical degree to decipher. The book even gives detailed information on:
- How to find health practitioners that are experienced in administering these breakthrough treatments.
- Where to find therapeutic substances to cure various ailments.
- What dosages are required in order to achieve the curative results that are presented.
How would it make you feel, knowing there are effective treatments for cancer, AIDS, diabetes, Alzheimer's, arthritis, herpes, asthma and practically all diseases that plague Mankind? Go here to find out and discover the life-saving information for yourself, your family and your loved ones:
The Encyclopedia of Medical Breakthroughs and Forbidden Treatments
Further Informative Articles
Healthy Sleep: A Guide to Natural Sleep Remedies
Repeated loss of sleep affects all areas of your life: The physical, the mental, and the emotional. Sleep deprivation can affect your overall daily performance and may even have an effect on your personality. If your sleeplessness is due to a pattern of not sleeping, or because your body and mind find it difficult to settle into a state of relaxation necessary for sleep, this book offers you alternative choices for achieving healthy sleep without the use of prescription drugs. With a free PDF to download.
Baby's First Year: What Every New Parent Needs to Know
Learn what you can expect in the first year of your baby's life. We offer tips and advice on everything from sleep to baby's first cold. This page will help you to make the most out of your baby's first year by giving you some basic guidelines and milestones to measure against. With a free PDF to download.
Creating Confident Kids
Although nobody gets a parenting manual in the delivery room, it is our duty as parents to try to make our kids as well rounded, happy and confident as possible.
Raising Children Who Succeed
It is one of the most powerful things any person alive can do, to choose to raise a child. To have a successful child we need to create a childhood that breeds success. Here's how...
Eating for Success
It might feel like we know a lot about food, but are we using that knowledge? And how can we be sure that what we are putting into our bodies is health, strength and energy?
Free Yourself from Panic Attacks
With all the stresses and strains of modern living, panic attacks are become a common problem for many people. Panic attacks occur when the pressure we are living under starts to creep up and overwhelm us. Thankfully panic attacks are very treatable.
Making Time Work For You
Of course we all have the same amount of time in the day. But some people struggle to get even the simplest of tasks completed while others can work a weeks worth of jobs into one single day. Time can be our worst enemy or our closest friend.
The Power of Gratitude
Having gratitude helps us to enjoy life more. It can break through huge barriers and reduce our stress loads, give us more confidence and help us to meet our goals. But how is it possible to be grateful in times of stress or when suffering from disappointment or sadness?
Reaching Your Full Potential
No matter what innate talents you were born with, what family you were born into, the money you have made or lost, or the times of difficulty or lucky breaks, nothing will get you to where you want to be better than understanding your full potential.
Exploring EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)
EFT works to free the user of both physical and emotional pain and relieve chronic conditions by healing the physical responses our bodies make after we've been hurt or experienced pain.
101 'Everyday' Tips for Losing 10 Pounds
This page is dedicated solely to the cause of losing weight - sometimes in the most surprising ways you ever heard of. There is only one thing that you have to bear in mind. Weight loss does not happen by itself. There are only two ways to accomplish it... The first is by watching what you eat and the second is by seeing to it that your body gets the exercise that it needs. As you go through the following topics, you'll be amazed by all the 'everyday' things you can be doing to lose 10 pounds... or more.
101 Ways to Get in Better Shape and Stay That Way!
Here are some tips for both health and fitness that will help you lose weight, discover ways to maintain a better healthy lifestyle, and be in the best shape of your life.
Food is Medicine
In the UK, 10,000 people are killed every year by adverse drug reactions, which happen when the prescription drug that is supposed to be curing them kills or harms them instead. Patrick Holford and Jerome Burne explain why food may be better medicine for your health than the drugs your doctor is likely to prescribe.
Nutrition and Cancer
Inadequate nutrition is one of the root causes of cancer, and although under-used by medical doctors, nutritional therapy can play an important part in recovery from cancer. This article gives more details. Recently updated with many links for further information about alternative cancer treatments and prevention.
Guided Imagery and Eating Disorders
This article by Joanna Poppink discusses how guided imagery and other methods that reach under the conscious thinking mind can be useful in helping people recover from eating disorders. People with eating disorders often have secrets from themselves. These are secrets about which they have little or no awareness.
Is there a Cure for Arthritis?
An informative report on the latest osteoarthritis breakthroughs and a dramatic true life story of how one person halted his osteoarthritis pain and reversed the progression of his disease.
Arthritis in Family Pets
Is your beloved pet not as active as before? Important information for anyone who owns a pet including the latest breakthroughs in fighting arthritis in pets, a debilitating disease for 30% of all dogs and cats.
Supplements: Are They Necessary & Are They Safe?
The argument goes that eating a varied diet rich in fruit and vegetables delivers the right amount of vitamins and minerals to the body and that high doses of synthetic supplements are unsafe. So don't bother with supplements. But this is a misleading distortion of the truth - read this article for the real picture.
Mental and physical exhaustion are very common symptoms, linked to the stressful lifestyle, poor diet and lack of exercise that so many people suffer. This article describes just what is going on and what you can do about it, describing the symptoms of stress and touching on the related topics of hypoglycemia, hypertension and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
What does it take to be happy?
Feeling good is not just a luxury, it is a vital necessity for good health and long life. This article tells you how.
5 Effective Tips To Kill Depression
Here are some superb tips to conquer the melancholy mood and get more happiness out of your daily activities.
Nutrition in the Treatment of Depression
This article (extracted from "Alcoholism--The Biochemical Connection" by Joan Larson) was written especially to help alcoholics, who are particularly prone to suffer from depression, but the information it contains will be valuable for every person who frequently feels depressed or unable to sleep through anxiety. Until these nutritional factors are handled no amount of positive thinking or psychotherapy can make much headway. This is the reason that I, as a psychologist, initially became interested in the subject of nutrition.
Healing with Essential Oils
Aromatherapy uses pure essential oils to relax, balance and rejuvenate body, mind and spirit. This article provides valuable tips and pointers, along with a Glossary of aromatherapy, and links to our recommended supplier of oils, herbs and supplements.
CFS or Low Level Mercury Poisoning?
We would like to draw your attention to an individual case of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS, also known as ME) which was not resolvable by nutritional means alone. This was because the real cause was Mercury poisoning, a form of toxicity which has very similar symptoms to CFS. If you have had a lot of dental fillings with silver/mercury amalgam, and you suffer from chronic fatigue, you may have the answer right there in your mouth!
Health & Fitness Articles
- Life Lessons We Can Learn from Sports
- The Affordable Care Act Won't Be Changing Soon: How to Improve Practice Revenue
- Pre-Diabetes: The Calm Before the Storm - by David Anderson
- Gamblers Understand the Odds - by David Anderson
- Insomnia - How to Actually Get Some Sleep - by Julian Ankesten
- 3 Tips for More Energy - by Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
- The Best Way to Boost Your Energy - by Martin Brock
- Want to heal your arthritis? Be silent. - by Ian Cameron
- Promoting Health and Fitness in the Workplace: 6 Budget Tips for Small Business Owners - by Korie Cantor
- How to cure your incurable nasal allergy - by Alexander Chong
- How to Fight Chronic Disease with Soul Medicine - by Dawson Church
- Victorious - by Doreene Clement
- Medicine: The New World Religion - by Olivier Clerc
- The Hidden, Unified-Field Voice in Natural Systems - by Michael J. Cohen
- Fitness for All - by Nigel Cunnigham
- Mind Over Platter---It Really Does Matter! - by Dr. Larry Deutsch
- Headache, Hypnosis and Stress - by Dr. Larry Deutsch
- Lose Weight Fast! Try the Mediterranean Diet and NLP - by Alan B. Densky
- Helpful Therapy or Unethical Abuse? - by Carissa DiPietro
- Benefits of a Balanced pH Level - by Christine Dreher, CCN, CCH
- A Primer for Internal Body Cleansing and Detoxification - by Christine Dreher, CCN, CCH
- Put out the Fire of Acid Reflux and Heart Burn - by Christine Dreher, CCN, CCH
- Honoring the Tradition of Elderberry for Immune Health - by Christine Dreher, CCN, CCH
- The Power of Breathing - by Adam Eason
- Unrealistic Expectations Can Cause Failure - by Caryl Ehrlich
- What is Real Hunger? - by Caryl Ehrlich
- Possible Pitfalls - by Caryl Ehrlich
- The Ritual of Food Addiction - by Caryl Ehrlich
- The Truth about Quitting Smoking and Hypnosis - by Roger Elliott
- Why Hypnosis Works for Weight Loss - by Roger Elliott
- The Cause of (and Cure for) My Obesity - by Shane Ellison
- How to Lose Weight Naturally & Reverse Diabetes - by Shane Ellison
- Toxic Gender Bender Approved for Widespread Use - by Shane Ellison
- Chemist Forces Children to Eat Sunscreen - by Shane Ellison
- Entrepreneurs: 5 Tips To Wire Your Brain For Optimal Performance
- Connection: The Opposite of Addiction - by Helen Farrell
- Hormone may be the secret to beating stress - by Avis Favaro
- How to Help an Alcoholic - by Robin J Foote
- Ways Of Approaching Dieting - by Tim Forrester
- Lose The Weight For Good With The Seven Phases of Change - by Kimberly Fulcher and Dr. Shawn Byler
- The Relationship Between Exercise & Stress - by Tanja Gardner
- John of God, Miracle Man - by Tony Garza
- Potatoes - Friend or Foe for a Lean-Body? - by Mike Geary
- Why Excess Abdominal Fat is More Deadly Than You Think - by Mike Geary
- Saturated Fat - Deadly Food Demon or Healthy Part of a Natural Diet? - by Mike Geary
- 10 Natural Ways to Relax and Rejuvenate - by Monique N. Gilbert
- How Best to Quit Smoking - Interview with Dr. Randy Gilchris
- Does Your Current Exercise Practice Increase Your Stress? - by Sheldon Ginsberg
- Fire Up Your Metabolism - by Brian Good
- Will the Stop Snoring Program Fix my Sleep Apnea? - by Christian Goodman
- Work Stress and Your Health - by Christian Goodman
- Winning the Mental Game of Weight Control - by Jeff Griswold
- A Few Natural Ways to Control Blood Pressure Without Medication - by Bob Grobe
- Our Toxic Body Burden - by Vreni Gurd
- Stress and Digestive Issues - by Vreni Gurd
- Exercise and Learning - by Vreni Gurd
- Common Back Pain Questions Answered - by Steve Hefferon
- Back Pain starts with Poor Posture! - by Steven Hefferon
- How the Partner Can Help in a Medical Crisis - by Steven Hefferon
- Hidden Dangers at the Gym for your Back and Body - by Steven Hefferon
- A Chance to Overcome MS Symptoms? - by Damien Houston
- Potential Treatment for Cancer Victims - by Bryan Hubbard
- Gut Reaction - Causes and Treatments for Autism
- Anti-aging and Disease Prevention - by Knut Holt
- The Reason Diets Fail You - by Robert Jager
- Why Is It Important For Your Brain To Read More? - by Tom Jager
- A Universal Law Applied to ADHD - by Dr. Doris Jeanette
- Ground Your Human Energy To Be Safe - by Dr. Doris Jeanette
- World Events and Natural Disasters Trigger Your Fear and Anxiety - by Dr. Doris Jeanette
- Migraine Headaches: Is Natural Relief Possible? - by Dr. Larry A. Johnson
- Can the Cure for Headaches be Worse Than the Pain? - by Dr. Larry A. Johnson
- How I Learned to Think Myself Thin - by Debbie Johnson
- How Diabetes Affects The Body: Warning Signs To Watch For - by Eric Johnson
- Hormonal Changes Misdiagnosed as Psychosis - by Pru Joy
- A Difficult Decision - by Paulette Kaufman
- "Why Smoke?" and "Why Quit?" - by Fred H. Kelley
- What Exactly is an Exerciser? The Big "C" Word - by Thomas J. Kersting
- Why Popping Pills To Achieve Sleep is NOT A Good Idea - by Max Kezooki
- Lack of Sleep can Pack on the Pounds - by Peter Kilpton
- The Mediterranean Diet: 5 Ways to Living a Longer, Stronger Life Without Heart Disease - by Emilia Klapp
- From Crippled to Marathon Runner - by Tellman Knudson
- Get the Most from Your Elderly Parent's Doctor - by Richard Kuhns
- The First Defense to Manage Stress--Breathing - by Richard Kuhns
- Panic and Anxiety: The Impact of Fight or Flight - by Richard Kuhns
- Conquer Emotional Eating to Lose Weight - by Richard Kuhns
- Thinking is Thin-King - by Donna Krech
- How To Drop Weight and Become Healthier - by Monty Lee
- Ask Don Lemmon
- Stress: Control It, Change It or Let It Go! - by Simma Lieberman
- The Rush to Rehab; Stop Rehab Abuse! - by Simma Lieberman
- How to Create the Best Diet Plan for Your Kids - by Annie Lizstan
- How High Fiber Diet Connected to Healthy Aging - by Annie Lizstan
- How Men Can Boost Their Sexual Performance with Yoga - by Annie Lizstan
- The Best Diet for Muscle Gain and Fat Loss - by Annie Lizstan
- What Autoimmune Disease Affects the Joints? - by Annie Lizstan
- How Body pH Can Affect Your Energy Levels - by Andy Long
- How to Choose a Good Quality Vitamin Supplement - by Andy Long
- Women Can Quit Drinking Without AA - by Jeannie Long
- Potentiation : A New Lease on Life - by Sol Luckman
- The Biology of Enlightenment - by Sol Luckman
- Addiction: Imaginary Gains & Real Losses - by Hugh Mann
- What Makes Relaxing Music? - by Martin Mayer
- Omega 3 EPA: Nature's Very Own Anti-Depressant - by Dave McEvoy
- Why Teen Vaping Rates Are Up by 1,000 Percent but Youth Tobacco Smoking Rates Are Unchanged – by Craig Middleton
- How to Live Healthier In 2017 – by Craig Middleton
- How to Keep From Gaining Weight After Quitting Smoking – by Craig Middleton
- The Best Home Remedies That Will Keep You Out of The Doctors Office – by Craig Middleton
- 5 Ways to Use Baking Soda To Improve Your Skin – by Craig Middleton
- Giant Floating Purple Pills - by Mark Morford
- How to Stay Balanced, Healthy and Energized Away from Home - by Amanda Moxley
- Moby Dick Health Secret Now Available - by Carl Munson
- Yoga the Enlightened Body - by Howard Napper
- Battling an Eating Disorder - by Abigail Natenshon
- Life after Medicine with Glyconutrients - by Brian C. Netherton
- Are You Feeling Tired Because of What You Eat? - by Peter Novak
- Achieving Optimum Health - by Dr. Tim Ong
- Why You Should Care about Your Blood Sugar? - by Dov Oshri
- Why Is It So Difficult To Lose Weight After 30? - by Dov Oshri
- Is It All in Your Mind? - by Dov Oshri
- It's All About Your Blood Sugar - by Dov Oshri
- Qualities You Need in Order to Succeed in Nursing
- Good Health and How to Achieve It - by Debbie Piltin
- Does Chiropractic Care Really Make Sense? - by Dr. Brian Paris
- For Parents of Children With Eating Disorders - by Joanna Poppink
- What Causes an Anxiety Disorder? - by Deanne Repich
- Being Nice Can Be Hazardous to Your Health - by Vicki Rackner, MD
- Healing Through Stories - by Vicki Rackner, MD
- How to Talk with Your Doctor about Embarrassing Medical Problems? - by Dr. Vicki Rackner
- Hopes & Dreams: A Critical Ingredient in the Lives of Caregivers and Their Loved Ones - by Vicki Rackner
- Healing Your Emotional Relationship with Food - by Lori Radun
- Can Alcohol Help You LOSE Fat? - by Jeremy Reeves
- The Tale Of The Supermarket Cyclops - by Jeremy Reeves
- My Top 5 Benefits Of Fasting - by Jeremy Reeves
- Who's in Charge of Your Health? - by Simon Rigby
- Today, I Eat Consciously ~ by Orsolya Riszt
- How to Avoid Depression and Burn-Out - by Dr Martin W. Russell
- How to Give Up Smoking and NOT Gain Weight? - by John Ryan
- Laughter and Health - by John Ryan
- The Case for Touch Healing - by Frank Schuster
- Prisoner No More - by Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby
- The Secret to a Long and Healthy Life - by Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby
- Quick Tips for Feeling Free from Fatigue - by Ananga Sivyer
- Autism and Nutritional Supplements - by Ray Smith
- The Emerging Hormone Revolution - by Marcia Smith, ND, PhD
- Ten Steps to Great Health - by Petrene Soames
- The Negative Cycle of Excuses and Addiction - by Denny Soinski
- Breast Cancer Awareness - by Dr. Susan Silberstein
- How I Did It - An Average Person's Account of Weight Loss - by Jon T. Stevens
- Ending Emotional Eating - by Alison Stoodley
- 5 Keys to Naturally Better Vision - by Martin Sussman
- How I Helped Myself - by Jessica Elizabeth Taylor
- Stress: Symptom of a Modern Age? - by Mark Tyrrell
- The Cost of ADHD - by Carole Gayle
- Adult Attention Deficit Disorder Skyrockets - by Carole Gayle
- Brave New World of Zero Risk - by Martin J Walker
- Dirty Medicine - by Martin J. Walker
- Skewed - by Martin Walker
- The Mind-Body Connection in Learning - by Ruth Palombo Weiss
- Health Is Internal Beauty - by Tonya Zavasta
Videos about Health
Nutrition: Medicine of the Future