Health care resources include all materials, personnel, facilities, funds, and everything else that is used for providing health care services and to enhance wellness in the home, at work and in community. Health care has long been a limited resource for which there has been an unlimited demand; everyone needs health care, but especially the following...
Resources for Eating Disorders
You are what you eat, they say, but taking full responsibility for eating more healthily in your life can be quite a challenge. Especially nowadays, in the modern world, we are all surrounded by temptations to consume too much, and too much of the wrong thing, even to the extent of disorders and addiction. And not only temptation - whole industries are devoted to persuading us to indulge ourselves to excess.
And what if your challenge is in the other direction? What if you have been depriving yourself unhealthily, and are trying to return to a more balanced approach? All that pressure is no help to you either.
Of course you need to take practical measures to manage your food intake and establish a good and healthy routine, but you will be much more likely to succeed at this if you include the psychological aspects of nutrition and eating. The following resources can really help you...
- Joanna Poppink's Eating Disorders Resource List
- Eating Disorders at School: Spotting the Signs and Getting Help
- Nutrition Inspector
- Connection - The Opposite of Addiction
- Keeping a Healthy Diet and Fighting Eating Disorders
- Beauty and the Beast Inside: How Body Image Impacts Mental Health
- Mirror Mirror - Website on Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders - Resources for College Students
Professional resources for wellbeing:
- Fitness and Nutrition in College
- Best RN to BSN Programs
Registered nurses can go on to acquire a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and go on to leadership roles within a hospital or medical practice and help to reform the wellbeing of their community.
Resources for Addiction Issues
- Disabilities Guide to Substance Abuse! - an ultimate guide for people with disabilities to establish their knowledge of drug addiction and also to help their friends who are struggling with drug abuse.
- Addiction Center - an organized web guide that directs people who are struggling with a form of addiction, and their loved ones, to different treatment options and support.
- Drug Rehab - includes details on different types of addictions, expert articles and resource guides.
- Rehab Spot: Self-Love - how to live a life of passion and deal with the stressors of life in healthy ways that lead to inner peace.
- Primrose Lodge - caring for and supporting both individuals and the families of those suffering from addiction.
- Sober Nation - a popular drug and alcohol addiction resource website.
- A Guide to Alcohol Withdrawal, Detox and the Beginning of Recovery - in-depth guide.
- How to Help a Loved One Adjust After Rehab
- Alcohol and Drug Rehab for Pregnant/Postpartum Women
- Dr. Keenan's Guide to Dealing With Depression Before/During/After Addiction Rehab
- Substance Abuse in College Students, discusses what type of substances do college students abuse, why do they abuse them, what are some of the physiological effects, and where can they turn for help.
- Substance Abuse Awareness on College Campuses
- Recovery from Drug and Alcohol Abuse (including Addiction Recovery Centers in Metairie, LA and its nearby cities.)
- State-Funded Alcohol & Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facilities (including Rehab Facilities in Metairie)
- The Recovery Village
- Infographic on Holistic Rehab For Substance Abuse
- Drugs of Abuse: Interactive Exploration of Drug Effects on the Body
- Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction
- 7 Tips for Mothers of Adult Addicts
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew at the Beginning of Sobriety
- Helping an Adult Family Member or Friend with a Drug or Alcohol Problem
- College Substance Abuse Statistics, Facts & Recovery
- 13 Sobering Facts About Teen Substance Abuse
- Boundaries with Teens: How to Address Alcohol and Drug Issues
- Addiction Treatment and Recovery Guide for Disabled People
Resources for Special Needs & Disabilities
Despite the fact that nearly 1 in 5 Americans has a disability, it can be a challenge to find relevant information and support for their needs. The following links will help...
- Ultimate Guide to Home Remodeling for People with Disabilities
- Ultimate Guide to Air Travel with a Disability
- Driving in Your Golden Years: Senior Resources for Road Safety
- Disabled Road Safety Guide - Tips & Technology to Help Disabled Drivers
- Guide on Making Your Home Safe for Seniors
- Guide on Financial Assistance and Funding for Assisted Living and Senior Care
- Why the Disabled Are at a Higher Risk for Substance Abuse and How to Help in Recovery
- Alltreatment.com is a community-based public-benefit website connecting people to the addiction resources they need, including a hearing impaired addiction treatment center.
- Model Classroom Program for Special Education
- Guide for Parents and Teachers with Special Needs Students!
- Infographic: How Tech Can Change Your Special Needs Classrooms
- Infographic: Is Your Student Eligible For Medicare/Medicaid Benefits?
- Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection - pamphlets from universities across the country, organized into a variety of different resources such as anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Financial Resources and Discounts for Students With Disabilities
- Infographic: Cyberbullying
- Infographic: Health Resources for Students
- Infographic: Stop Opioid Epidemic
- Infographic: The Future of Education Technology
- College for Students with Disabilities: A Guide for Students, Families, and Educators
- Navigating Learning Disabilities and The Cost for Treatment
- Thriving in Trade School with a Disability
- Scholarships & Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Guide to Student Disability Protections and Plans
- US Disability Benefit Guide
- Resources for Disabled Students
- Study Tips for College Students with Dyslexia and Dysgraphia
- Studying with ADHD
- Going to College with ASD
- How Autism Impacts Sleep Timing and Quality
- Sleep Guidance for Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Mattress and Bedding Guide for People with Disabilities
- Sleep and Aging: Sleep Guide for Seniors
- Dealing With Sleep Disorders and Down Syndromes
- How to Explain Disability to a Child
- The Guide to Buying Used Accessible Vehicles for Disability Accommodation
- Life Planning for Children and Adults with Special Needs
- Tips for Travelers with Disabilities
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding and Renting Housing With Disabilities
- Fully Accessible Guide to Flying With Physical Disabilities
- Wheelchair and Handicap Ramp Cost Guide
- Personal Finance Guide for People with Disabilities
- 8 Steps for Learning Disabled Students Who Want to Go to College
- The Guide to Buying Used Accessible Vehicles
- 34 Great Jobs for People with Disabilities
- Travel Tips for Workers with Disabilities
- The Disabled Job Seeker's Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent
Resources for Fall Prevention
Every 11 seconds, another senior is treated in the emergency room for a fall-related injury. To address this need, Senior Caregiver Alliance have suggested these resources...
- The Complete Guide to Home Modifications to Prevent Falls
- Fall Prevention & Mobility: Practical Safety and Organization Strategies for Seniors
- Helping a Senior Regain Confidence After a Fall
- Senior Fall Prevention: A Roadmap for Navigating Resources and Benefits