Jump to the following topics:
- What is kindness?
- The techniques of
What is kindness? It is a drive to
assist a person, animal, or object. We can differentiate kindness
from other types of benevolence:
- Kindness is based in an action. It arises from our
internal state (i.e., thoughts, emotions, feelings,
"thoughtfulness"), but kindness is usually not identified as such
until we express that internal state, with "an act
- Kindness is generally associated with small, non-essential
gifts. For example, if we give a lollipop to a child, that is
"kindness"; in contrast, if we give $100 to a starving man, that
might be called "charity."
- Kindness does not require reciprocity; i.e., we do not expect
anything in return (although we appreciate a "thank you" or a
smile from the recipient of our kindness). In contrast, when we
"do a favor," we expect that the other person would do a favor for
us in the future.
- Kindness is an act of anonymity. Sometimes we commit acts of
kindness for people whom we do not meet. Even when our identity is
known by the recipient, we do not linger to accept any acclaim
beyond the person's smile or a word of gratitude; kindness is
- Kindness is generally a spontaneous act. We see a need,
and we fulfill it immediately.
The techniques of
- Archetypal field-work.
Intuition. Intuition can guide us in the words and actions by
which we express kindness. And intuition can tell us when our
action would not be appropriate; for example:
- Self-talk. "I enjoy being kind to people." "When I am kind,
I am happy."
- Directed imagination. We can visualize ourselves performing
acts of kindness.
- Energy toning. We can generate the energy tones of
compassion, caring, etc.
- The "as if" principle. We act as if we are kind.
We can perform acts of kindness toward many things: friends,
neighbors, strangers, drivers in heavy traffic, animals, plants
(e.g., straightening up a tree which has been blown over in a
We can perform verbal acts of kindness. For example, we
can compliment people, and we can congratulate them, and we can
help people to see a humorous viewpoint on difficult
circumstances. These verbal acts can be spoken -- or written, in
an email, or a greeting card, or a note, or another form.
We can perform physical acts of kindness. For example,
we give hugs, and we smile, and we assist people who are carrying
We can be prepared to commit acts of kindness.
- This person might need to work out the problem alone. Our
kindness would be viewed as meddling, co-dependent, or an
intrusion into the person's privacy.
- We might need to tend to our own responsibilities. We
cannot spend all of our time helping other people.
- Specific actions might be inappropriate. For example, our
act of kindness might be to give ice cream to a child -- but
the child's parent might not want us to do that.
We can develop "mindfulness" to the needs of others. We
observe the people around us, to notice, for example, the short
woman who is trying to reach a product on the top shelf at a
- We can buy the equipment. For example, we can have tools
and jumper cables in our car, to assist motorists. We can have
a city map, to help people who are lost.
- We can acquire the training. For example, we can learn how
to do basic car repairs. We can learn first aid (including
Want to renew your life?
Our online, interactive video workshops present the most effective methods of holistic personal development...
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights to master all your life challenges.
- Advance on a path of practical spirituality - being the difference you'd like to see in the world. The human heart made visible.
- Have personal support from your coach to make transitions that will fulfill your potential.
Start off with a Free Life Assessment and a Free Consultation...
Have a question about Trans4mind Training?
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Hypnosis is the key to unlocking your creativity, focusing your energy and understanding yourself
Hypnosis has a long history of helping human beings be the very best they can be. It can be used to control anything controlled by the unconscious mind - pain, blood pressure, fear, confidence levels, mood, sex drive... the list goes on:
- You'll become highly productive without getting stressed
- Tap into your creative energies instantly
- Really understand yourself and others
- You'll learn how to stay calm in high pressure or uncomfortable situations
- Develop laser-like levels of focus and concentration
Lean more... Uncommon Hypnosis Course
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.