Jump to the following topics:
- What is kindness?
- The techniques of
What is kindness? It is a drive to
assist a person, animal, or object. We can differentiate kindness
from other types of benevolence:
- Kindness is based in an action. It arises from our
internal state (i.e., thoughts, emotions, feelings,
"thoughtfulness"), but kindness is usually not identified as such
until we express that internal state, with "an act
- Kindness is generally associated with small, non-essential
gifts. For example, if we give a lollipop to a child, that is
"kindness"; in contrast, if we give $100 to a starving man, that
might be called "charity."
- Kindness does not require reciprocity; i.e., we do not expect
anything in return (although we appreciate a "thank you" or a
smile from the recipient of our kindness). In contrast, when we
"do a favor," we expect that the other person would do a favor for
us in the future.
- Kindness is an act of anonymity. Sometimes we commit acts of
kindness for people whom we do not meet. Even when our identity is
known by the recipient, we do not linger to accept any acclaim
beyond the person's smile or a word of gratitude; kindness is
- Kindness is generally a spontaneous act. We see a need,
and we fulfill it immediately.
The techniques of
- Archetypal field-work.
Intuition. Intuition can guide us in the words and actions by
which we express kindness. And intuition can tell us when our
action would not be appropriate; for example:
- Self-talk. "I enjoy being kind to people." "When I am kind,
I am happy."
- Directed imagination. We can visualize ourselves performing
acts of kindness.
- Energy toning. We can generate the energy tones of
compassion, caring, etc.
- The "as if" principle. We act as if we are kind.
We can perform acts of kindness toward many things: friends,
neighbors, strangers, drivers in heavy traffic, animals, plants
(e.g., straightening up a tree which has been blown over in a
We can perform verbal acts of kindness. For example, we
can compliment people, and we can congratulate them, and we can
help people to see a humorous viewpoint on difficult
circumstances. These verbal acts can be spoken -- or written, in
an email, or a greeting card, or a note, or another form.
We can perform physical acts of kindness. For example,
we give hugs, and we smile, and we assist people who are carrying
We can be prepared to commit acts of kindness.
- This person might need to work out the problem alone. Our
kindness would be viewed as meddling, co-dependent, or an
intrusion into the person's privacy.
- We might need to tend to our own responsibilities. We
cannot spend all of our time helping other people.
- Specific actions might be inappropriate. For example, our
act of kindness might be to give ice cream to a child -- but
the child's parent might not want us to do that.
We can develop "mindfulness" to the needs of others. We
observe the people around us, to notice, for example, the short
woman who is trying to reach a product on the top shelf at a
- We can buy the equipment. For example, we can have tools
and jumper cables in our car, to assist motorists. We can have
a city map, to help people who are lost.
- We can acquire the training. For example, we can learn how
to do basic car repairs. We can learn first aid (including
Looking for a better life?
Trans4mind Training is our series of online, interactive video workshops. We present the most effective methods of holistic personal development, combined with support from expert life coaches.
The human heart made visible.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!