SOME HELPFUL HINTS IN WRITING ARTICLES FOR THE WEB - TWENTY FIVE TIPS (PART TWO)
13. Use HUMOUR. People like to have a bit of fun
with the occasional laugh, whilst being informed on a
serious subject. At least I believe so! I try to write
to share, inform and hopefully even "entertain a little".
14. Write from "your heart", so that you come across
as a "REAL" person. Just write what comes naturally
with INTEGRITY...and BE YOURSELF.
15. Be totally honest in your writing and don't
"borrow" too much from others content. It's so easy
to "steal" on the www - so do your own work and if
you "borrow ideas or material, ACKNOWLEDGE.
"Incidentally, I have borrowed some ideas in this article
from some good writers and well-known internet
marketers - thanks a lot, David, Michael, John, Meredith,
Joe and Edward).
16. Be humble"and don't talk down to your readers.
17. Use bullets (not live, please) in your articles -
it makes the points easy to follow.
18. Don't forget your byline...or your "business card".
Make sure that you resource box at the end of the
article provides enough information to identify yourself
and provide contact information. It's FREE advertising.
19. Offer a free report with your article - this is an
easy way to collect a list of adresses for marketing your
product(s). An instant target market.
20. Check all the links in your article before submitting it.
21. Offer your articles by autoresponder
22. Conclude with a strong message. Your final point
(and paragraph) should be a message that summarises
your article or gets your reader to take further action,
like "GET STARTED" (as I've done in this article).
23. Finally, make sure your layout is good (not one
of my strong points!), as this greatly enhances your
prospects of getting published Use a spell-check. Go
over your article carefully and be an editor yourself.
24. Make sure your article flows properly.
25. Re-read and re-read, until you get it "just right."
"Aim for perfection, but settle for excellence" in your
The internet is such an amazing medium for
communication and SHARING information. I've just
submitted this article and it's been published almost
instaneously (big word!) in a few places. So YOU TOO
can write articles on yourchosen subject in your internet
marketing efforts. MORE TRAFFIC = INCREASED
Writers and internet marketers - Grab this moment in
history well. "Carpe diem" (seize the moment!).
Why not start writing articles for the www in the second
half of the year in 2002?
YOU CAN DO IT.
My various books are available from: http://www.novelty-gift.com/
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure