Hotel Internet Marketing and the Secret of Copywriting
Are you a Hotel Marketer? Do you want to improve your Hotel Internet Marketing Sale? Here are the suggestion: revise your website copywriting!
I've seen many websites in our hotel & hospitality industry crowded with copywriting mistakes. These mistakes are rather diverse. Can I list some here? Yes, here they are: * Unattractive word, misspell word. * Wrong grammatical sentence, too long sentences, sentences which is too complex and difficult to understand. * Too long paragraph * Inappropriate fonts or font size * Bad color or bad integration between background color and font color * Focus too many features about the services suppliers * Do not have a clear purpose, do not target *........... In this long article, I will share with you some techniques of writing a sale copywriting to make... SELL! These techniques will enhance the attraction of your website in a manner of right Hospitality and Hotel Internet Marketing method. If you had known these techniques, you could skip them, but if you've not known, then carefully apply them on your hospitality website to maximize your marketing purpose.
And here is the list:
1) Target your copywriting. Different group of visitors has different demand and status of emotion. Base on the target group database and write an appropriate copywriting to transfer your services which benefits to them most.
2) Almost of 80% of users skimmed and scanned when they surf for information on website. Most of the time, users try to find a specific piece of information or the answer to a specific question.
3) After find out enough information, they will give out the buying (booking) decision. Your copywriting must scientifically give enough information they need as well as creating a good feeling and impression about your services. That's the beginning when visitors feel satisfied and trusted enough to think of doing reservation or contacting you.
4) Having to read much is always an obstacle when surfing the Net. Prospects like scanning and then printing out their interested information. So, remember to include a Printer Friendly version of your website's main content will encourage them to print out your page and keep it for later reference. 5) You can use a Java code to junction this duty, but do not forget to include in the Printer Friendly version with your company Logo, Name and URL of your website. All the image should be out of print.
6) You should use descriptive text and compelling words that paint a desirable mental picture in the mind of your visitors.
7) Proofreading. Always proofread to find the mistakes. Because proofreading requires concentration, so do it when you feel fresh enough, not in the status of sleepy or distracted. If not, you will definitely miss a number of errors.
8) Proofreading is time consumption and if you don't have time, finding someone that does.
9) You can take a friend to proofread for you. A good copywriting is clean, attractive, compelling according to the kind of services described or tour described. Create a good feeling in a logical order.
10) Use computer spell checker, but do not completely rely on it. Sometime the spell checker suggest a correct word but in different meaning, for example is "there" and "their".
11) All the beginning letters of sentences, location name...are capitalized.
12) You can make bold the name of landscapes or tourist spots, local sites... to make it more attractive and easy to read.
13) Do not use complicated words. Let English is an example; use standard international English to describe your services or products. The online visitors are extremely diverse in nationality and language qualification. Make you sentences clear sense unless you want many of your prospects feel confused and don't want to read or use your services anymore.
14) Make sure all links work. You can include some keywords or key phrases in the link to get a better Search Engine Optimization.
15) All information must up to date. Update your website regularly. Visitors need the right information to make their decision. They may surf the internet for their vacation planning many times and get a good knowledge about your local tourist attraction and identity. They therefore can spot some outdated or wrong information on your website and you've been put under a negative impression.
16) Look at the text and see if it is readable well or not. Your background maybe needs to be adjusted to highlight the text.
17) List the greatest benefit of your services firstly, and then comes the second great one, and then the third, forth...Make impression at the first time they read or they will distract a short time later.
18) Use short paragraph, 3-5 sentences per paragraph is best to read.
19) Use short sentence.
20) Use number, bullets to list your services features or benefits.
21) Use attractive headline. Bold the headline or colorize it to grape the attention. A good headline helps to facilitate skimming and scanning and often contains the benefit in some way.
22) Use icons or smalls pictures to enhance meaning of sentences.
23) Use blank space cleverly to highlight the text and images; make different section clearer; give a rest for the visitors' eye.
24) Do not leave a large space anywhere. It often receives bad effect.
25) Pictures must be adjusted before inserted into its place on the site. Pictures or photos are best when drawing a scene of enjoying your services of some guests. A local typical picture also creates a good feeling of local essence which is what your visitors is looking for.
26) Picture should be in GIF format. Remember to reduce its colors and its size to get to get a fast page download.
27) Although picture worth a thousand of words, but do not over- insert it on your page. They will cause slow download and no one can see how your destination is or your hotel is beautiful when almost of surfers afraid of long download page.
28) Use caption to note picture. Do not let them stay alone.
29) Use table when there are many benefit or services facilities or supply the distance of different location in a destination....
30) Do not use over 3 fonts.
31) Revise! Revise! Revise! Do not assume that your first writing is the best you can do.
32) Best way to deal wills all the typical question you'll get from prospective clients is a Frequently Asked Questions and Answers page - FAQ's.
Here are the list of some common question & concerns of your visitors:
# Safety precaution and procedure # Costs # Medical emergency/ 1st aide resources # Qualification of staff # Recreational activities/ shopping # Visa requirement # Inoculation/ disease precaution # Children-minimum age # Insurance needs/ options # Cancellation policy/ minimums for departure # Experience level of company # Exchange rate& procedures # Time of year to visit # Length of vacation # Difficulty of trip # Water- is it safe # Group discount/ group number # In country transportation & equipment # Language # Maps # Lodging - hotel or camping # Food-vegetarian or special restriction
If you want to improve your Hotel Internet Marketing Sale, you should send a blank email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" to get free " Internet Marketing for Tourism Business" Ecourse.
About the Author
David Kan CEO of T-IM.com, the largest global Free tourism internet marketing resources with free 100 lesson ecourse, 57 & more online tools and forum to help tourism industry enhance their internet marketing result.
Send email to "email@example.com" to get 100 lessons Ecourse of " Internet Marketing for Tourism Business".
Or come to the Home Page to subcribe this e