How to Write Your Own Baby Shower Verses
By Criss White
A poem or verse is a literary composition used to express emotions or ideas using literary techniques like rhyme and metaphor. Although there are no set rules for creating poetry, these tips will help you create your own baby shower verses:
1) Often, a one-line verse may be all you need. Short verses are good for personalized gifts where there is limited space, like engraved candles or personalized gift tags. An easy way to create an effective verse is to have a word in the middle rhyme with a word at the end of the verse.
2) If the baby already has a name, then their name can potentially be used in the verse. The new parents' names can also be used if desired. Try to write down as many words that rhyme with the selected name, then construct a verse.
3) Four line verses are quite popular for baby shower poems. The easiest form of such poetry is to have the second and fourth line rhyme. To brainstorm, try to write down as many baby related words that you can think of, and then try to write down rhyming words. Two or three verses will make a nice sized poem for invitations and birth announcements.
4) Poems don't have to rhyme at all. You can also use imagery and metaphors to create beautiful verbal pictures. Try to think of all the emotions and images that may come from having a baby.
5) Also, if you are using poetry for announcements or gifts, it is also nice to include pictures or clip art graphics. If you are artistic, then you can create these yourself. Otherwise, search online for baby graphics or clip art.
A final tip is to read other people's poetry and verses to see how they are structured. Greeting cards sometimes contain good verses as well. A baby shower verse or poem is a great touch for your baby shower invitations and gifts.
About The Author
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. To see other related items, go to Baby Shower Verses (www.101babyshowerideas.com/bsverses.htm) and Baby Shower Poems (www.101babyshowerideas.com/bspoems.htm).