What Do You Hope For In Your Life?
By Cory L. Kemp
What do you hope for in your life?
It's a simple enough question, but one I find most people are at a loss to answer, or at least uncomfortable considering. I sometimes hear people hope for good weather for an event or a trip, or a sports victory, or even a good parking space at the mall. I rarely hear people hope for anything large or having substance, as if to do so is a voodoo curse.
So, no holds barred, what would you hope for if there were no restrictions, no limits? Health, the perfect job, a comfortable home, an opportunity to travel the world? I challenge you to take a deep breath, exhale, close your eyes and try this excercise. Try to remember the very best, most magical day of your life. What was it like? Who was with you? Where were you? What were you doing? Remember the sounds, the smells, the flavor of each moment as you revive these memories in your mind and being. Cherish each smile, each reflection, each thought as you recall each detail. What did that experience feel like?
Now, keep your eyes closed, take another deep breath, and exhale. Imagine that tomorrow is all yours. You have the opportunity to create a perfect day, just the way you would like it. No one else creating your life or calling the shots. No one laying claims on any of your time. No financial restrictions. What would you do with tomorrow? Would you get up early to watch the sunrise? Take a quick trip to the seashore? Clean out your closets? Plant a new flowerbed in your front yard? Read a favorite book? Fly to New Orleans for a stroll down Bourbon Street? Work a few hours at a soup kitchen before taking off for the opera in New York?
Open your eyes and jot down everything you might like to do. There's no point in pretending you can't do everything on that list because you can. Not necessarily all in one day, but there is no reason to believe that the desires of our hears cannot be realized. The first step is to practice hoping in concrete forms. Small, medium or large hopes are an intregral part of the foundation of our faith and our lives. "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us." God's Word is hope, and our imagining this hope alive is the first step to making this hope, our desires and God's desires for us and the world manifest.
Hope small, hope medium, hope large. Hope often. Keep a hope journal and see what comes of actually believing that God hopes with us. Live your hopes and see what that does to shape your life.
About The Author
Cory L. Kemp
As an ordained minister I have worked in educational ministries in several congregations, as well as pastoring a congregation. My writing has focused on nonfiction essays and I have recently submitted a theological memoir for publication. My ministerial background and love of writing have combined to develop Creating Women Ministries, a website dedicated to encouraging theological dialogue, particularly among women, through workshops, journaling and personal spiritual development.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.