Finding Women's Plus Size Clothing Bargains
By Amy Chou
If finding women's plus size clothing is difficult, then finding them at bargain prices is an even greater challenge. To get the best deals on plus size clothes, consider shopping online, at local stores, and through mail-order catalogs. The following are eight strategies for saving money:
- Visit local stores that carry plus size clothing and browse through their clearance racks. Some local retailers try to quickly rid their racks of excessive inventory to make room for the latest fashion.
- Purchase items that coordinate well with what you already have in your wardrobe in terms of styling and color.
- Go to the website of your favorite plus size retailer and sign up to receive e-mail specials. In addition, if the sign-up form offers a print catalog, request the catalog also. By signing up, you will receive notifications through e-mails and catalogs of any specials the retailer may be having. Note that you should sign up only with retailers that really interest you or your mailbox may become crammed with excessive e-mails.
- Look for a sale, clearance, or outlet section on the website of your favorite retailer. Occasionally, you can save up to 80% off original prices this way. If your retailer is owned by a parent company, also check the parent company's website for a clearance or outlet section.
- Comparison shop for similar items at different websites. If you plan to wear an item only a few times or occasionally, perhaps you can purchase a similar but cheaper item.
- Buy clothing out-of-season or pre-season. Many retailers will offer steep discounts on out-of-season items.
- Buy machine-washable clothes. The cost of having to dry clean an item will make that item expensive in the long run. If you are not sure whether an item is machine-washable, be sure to ask the retailer before you buy.
- Always use a search engine to look for a coupon code your retailer may have. Many websites actually track these coupon codes along with expiration dates to help shoppers save. When filling out your order form online or in a catalog, look for an entry for "coupon code or "promo code and then enter a coupon code that applies. If ordering online, be sure to verify that you have received the discount for entering the coupon code.
Using the above strategies will help you save on plus size clothing. Dressing well should not have to be an expensive endeavor for the full-figured woman.
About The Author
Amy Chou manages the content of the plus size women's apparel website of Curvely.com. Her website provides coupon codes for plus size clothing retailers as well as resources for finding women's plus size formal dresses, wedding gowns, prom dresses, casual clothing, and maternity clothes.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure