Diamond Jewelry vs Moissanite Jewelry
By Janice Wee
Diamonds and Moissanite look alike. Both are dazzling stones that are clear and have a brilliant fire. Price wise, they are miles apart.
Diamond jewelry or Moissanite jewelry? Which should you choose?
If you only look at the prices and brilliance, moissanite seems like the better buy.
Then again, diamonds are way more expensive because diamonds are natural gemstones that are rare and are mined from the earth itself. Diamonds are precious. The moissanite you see in stores is actually an artificial gemstone. Often used as diamond substitute as they look very much alike. Diamonds are rare and precious while more moissanite can be made any time to meet any demand. Diamonds are an investment. Moissanite is well... decorative. More about moissanite at http://www.alljewelry.info/moissanite.html
When are diamonds appropriate? When would moissanite be the better bet?
The price of a diamond tends to be really high, especially for the larger, whiter diamonds. You can see the prices of diamonds at http://www.alljewelry.info/diamond-prices.php.That being the case, for chunky dazzling jewelry that features huge rocks go for moissanite.
Huge real diamonds set in jewelry would be way too expensive to wear safely, in public without bodyguards following you around. In fact, high society ladies who own such covetable real diamond jewelry would lock the diamonds in the safe and wear moissanite replicas or other diamond replicas of the real jewelry in public.
If the jewelry in question is an engagement ring, please go for the real thing. She is not going to be impressed if that 3 carat diamond ring is actually moissanite and not diamonds. She might even be humiliated if she tells her friends about it and later finds that it is not a real diamond. Better get her a smaller diamond you can afford than a huge moissanite, for important jewelry like these.
How about that diamond stud earrings?
Or that diamond tennis bracelet you intend to wear all the time.
Should you go for moissanite?
That depends on your budget and your taste. Moissanite is more brilliant than diamond but the light tends to be harsh. Some people think it looks fake and cheap and has a disco light effect. Others love the extra brilliance.
If you like the extra brilliance and are on a relatively tight budget but want something that dazzles and really catches the eye, moissanite is your rock.
If you also want your jewelry to double up as an investment in case of hard times, then the answer is to stick to diamonds all the way.
If you prefer diamonds, choose your diamond carefully. Especially if you want your diamonds because of their investment value. Look at the 4 Cs. Carat, Color, Clarity and Cut. A good quality diamond, preferably round as round diamonds are easier to resell, with a clarity of VS2 or better and a color H or better would be best.
About The Author
Janice Wee is the webmaster of www.alljewelry.info.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.