Skin Care Treatments - How to Look Younger for the Holidays
By Ken Black
Do you have company coming over, or are you visiting family and friends for Christmas? Are you planning to go out on New Years Eve? Whatever the reason, most people want to look their best at least during the most important times of the year.
So, what ways are out there to make you look more stunning as fast as possible?
Well, you could try and lose some weight, but that's not easy of course, especially if you have lots of pounds to lose. And, can you lose it all within one month ?
You might also be able to go to an expensive Spa and get a total makeover. Good idea, but, that might cost one thousand dollars or more.
What about just going shopping and buying some high end shoes and clothes to make you look younger? Another fair idea, but that might set you back two hundred dollars or more.
If you're between the ages of thirty five and ninety five, you might want to try making your face more youthful looking. After all that's what people notice and remember the most.
A premium anti wrinkle and anti aging skin care cream or lotion is often referred to as a "face lift in a jar" and can do wonders for your looks and often has excellent effects within thirty days. And the best products usually sell for less than one hundred dollars. Truly a great bargain and an easy way to quickly transform yourself into how you may have looked years ago.
So why do people get wrinkles anyway ?
To summarize, sun exposure, smoking, and your age contribute to the breakdown of collagen and elastin, the fibers that keep your skin firm and supple. You can't fight the passage of time, but you can apply sunscreen if you're going out into the sun, quit smoking, and use an anti wrinkle cream to battle the effects of skin damage.
Try and buy a product that contains some or all of the following :
1. Alpha, beta and poly-hydroxy acids, which gently remove surface layers of skin to remove fine lines.
2. Argireline - is derived from amino acids that occur naturally. It works by relaxing facial tension because it reduces excessive release of the neurotransmitters, called catecholamines, that make your facial muscles tense up. When your muscles aren't tense, they don't contribute to wrinkles.
3. Edelweis Extract - isn't just something found in a song from "The Sound of Music." Edelweiss Extract is a strong antioxidant that cleans up the free radicals produced by metabolism and by pollutants as well. These free radicals voraciously combine with almost anything, including the components of your skin, causing serious damage. In addition to being an antioxidant, Edelweiss Extract helps protect skin by blocking ultraviolet light.
4. Shea Butter - is derived from the nut of the karite tree of West Africa, where it is commonly used in soap. Shea Butter is a natural moisturizer and skin tightener. It contains cinnamic acid, which helps protect your skin against ultraviolet light. It also includes natural latex, which has hypoallergenic qualities. The fatty acids in Shea Butter, along with the other ingredients, promote healing and regeneration of the skin, and work to prevent the skin from drying, cracking, burning and wrinkling.
5. Vitamin A - is an antioxidant that is necessary in many ways, including for healthy skin, sight, growth, bones and epithelial cells (cells that line the nose, throat, lungs, mouth, digestive system, vagina and urinary tract). Vitamin A penetrates the skin effectively to reinforce collagen and elastin, firming the skin and counteracting wrinkles. It also works to improve skin pigmentation by eliminating aging spots.
There are other fine ingredients like Matrixyl, Dermox, Evening Primrose Oil, and more, that assist in bringing back that radiant looking appearance to your face.
Some of the leading products on the market are : Olay Total Effects Intensive Restoration Treatment with VitaNiacin, Revitol Anti Wrinkle solution, Pond's Dramatic Results Active Face & Neck Mositurizer with glycolic acid, and Avotone Wrinkle relaxant cream.
The advantage to these products is that they usually have no side effects, do not require a prescription, are often just as effective as injections or chemical peels performed by a doctor, and they can be purchased at fine stores or at the manufacturer's websites on the internet. The only disadvantages is that they are not free and they do require you to apply them daily in most cases.
However, the results are often amazing. Many people claim they look ten or more years younger after using the product for four to six weeks. However, like anything else, results may vary. You have to try it out for yourself. Best to go with a company that gives a thirty day or longer guarantee, so you're protected either way.
A new you could be waiting right around the corner.
Happy holidays !
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button: