Hysterectomy: Recovery After A Hysterectomy
By Olinda Rola
Hysterectomy recovery after a hysterectomy is a crucial time in a woman's life. Recovery after a hysterectomy means a woman needs some time to adjust, to heal and to complete her hysterectomy recovery process. Here are some tips for speeding up the recovery time:
1. Your first two weeks at home will likely be the most difficult, depending on what type of hysterectomy procedure you have had. Use this time to sleep, relax, read, and listen to your favorite music until your post hysterectomy is over. At the end of two weeks, you should be more able to begin moving around and slowly getting back to your normal activities.
2. Do not climb stairs or drive a car during this hysterectomy recovery period. This is the time to let family and friends help you.
3. Do not prepare your own meals for the first couple of weeks after a hysterectomy. Ask a friend or family member to do it for you or order your meals from sources that can deliver to you.
4. Have a thermometer at home to monitor your temperature. Call your doctor for advice if your temperature goes up.
5. Laugh as much as you can. Watch funny TV programs, rent some of your favorite funny movies or share fun stories with family and friends. Laughter provides a wonderful boost to the immune system during the hysterectomy recovery healing process.
6. Drink 8 glasses of filtered water each day to flush your system of toxins after a hysterectomy. Drinking pure clear water daily is a healthy habit to continue even once you are fully recovered.
7. Eat as healthy as you can during hysterectomy recovery since your body will need and use nutrients to help with healing. Include cold-water fish, turkey, chicken, organic bread, soups, salads, fruits and broths. If possible, make fresh vegetable juices daily which will provide nutrients that improve health and speed healing.
8. Take the best vitamin/mineral/nutritional supplement you can find. A really good daily supplement contains much more than just vitamins and minerals. Providing your body with important nutritional supplements is a good idea before and after a hysterectomy to help fill in the dietary gaps that everyone will have.
9. Begin to exercise as soon as your doctor authorizes it. Exercise will definitely speed up your post hysterectomy recovery. Take it easy but begin moving. Take walks or use your treadmill when you are home.
10. Begin to learn about your hormones, hysterectomy recovery and hormone imbalance. Having a hysterectomy will interrupt your normal production of progesterone, estrogen and testosterone which can result in symptoms associated with hormone imbalance.
Women considering hysterectomy or having had the procedure should seek the help of physicians trained in the use of natural bio-identical hormones. Bio-identical hormones are hormones that are identical to what the body makes and what normally would exist in the body. Synthetic drugs such as Premarin, Provera and Prempro are not natural nor the same as the body makes, and these kinds of synthetic drugs have numerous side effects.
There is a hormone health test provided by a leading women's health clinic that you can take online. The test takes just a few minutes and is free. The women's clinic has helped tens of thousands of women safely deal with hormone imbalance and related health issues. Learn as much as you can about hormone imbalance, hysterectomy recovery and physician-recommended natural alternatives for hormone replacement therapy.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publishing
About The Author
Take the women's clinic hormone health test online at http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/womens-health-clinic.html - Olinda Rola is President of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com - a website of natural health articles and information.
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button: