So, When IS the Right Time For A Short Hair Cut?
By Michael Barrows
The short hair cut is as popular as ever and more and more women are taking the plunge and sporting ultra-short locks. From the heavily textured and spiked to the soft and feminine, there is no doubt that the short hair cut is here to stay and has proven to be one of the most popular hair cut styles among women.
But how do you know if you should go short with your new hair cut or when you should take the plunge? For most, the answer to these questions is going to be a personal decision, but there are some guidelines that you can follow to help you decide whether or not a short hair cut is for you.
Choosing the right hair cut style should be a joint effort between you and your stylist. With her professional advice as to what will look sensational on you and your personal preference, together you should be able to find numerous new hair cuts that are perfect for your individual personality, tastes and features.
When to go for the short hair cut and when not to
You should choose a short hair cut if you prefer shorter styles or if you have been thinking about going short for a while. If you have already worn a short hair cut in the past and loved it, then you are one step ahead of the game. Likely, you will have a good idea of what short cuts will look good on you and which cuts will give you the most styling ease and freedom.
You should not choose a short hair cut just because it is trendy or you saw it on someone else and want to achieve the same effect. While some hair cut styles will look just as great on you as they do on others, getting a short hair cut on a whim is never a good idea. If you see something you like, think about it for a while before deciding to get a new hair cut. Even better - use one of the interactive online hair galleries, to test out the look before you buy
Never get a short hair cut for emotional reasons. Having a bad hair day? Do not cut your hair off in anger. If you do, you may end up fighting with dreaded tresses that are much too short for your particular style. Instead, go for a trim or a style that is just slightly shorter than the one you already have.
How to go short
If you have never had a short hair cut, you should go shorter gradually to reduce the level of shock experienced with getting a short hair cut and to see if you are going to like wearing shorter styles. Be prepared to experience some level of shock, though, even if you only shorten your style by a few inches.
Talk to your stylist and decide what type of short hair cut is your ultimate goal. Then, choose several hair cut styles that you can get over the course of a few months that will decrease your hair's length gradually. That way when you finally take the plunge and get the short hair cut you will know that you will be comfortable with it. Nothing is worse than trying to grow out a short hair cut that you hate.
About The Author
Michael Barrows' website gives great advice for good hair. Get your free ebook packed with hair style and hair care tips and advice, visit http://www.great-hairstyles.com.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.