Holiday Fashion -- Know It Or Santa Might Not Be The Only One Red-Faced
By Salim Jordan
What to wear, what to wear? Are you at a loss when it comes to dressing for holiday get-togethers? Do not despair; many people share your concern. However, there are a few guidelines you can keep in mind when preparing to attend a holiday party.
Know where you are going
This is a big one. Simply having an idea where you are going and how others will be dressed will save a lot of time and a major headache. If you are going to an office Christmas party, business casual will probably be the best choice. However, if you are just going to your sister's house, you may be able to tone it down. If you are unsure, ask someone what the dress code will be. Keep in mind that "casual" means different things to different people. When you are told "casual" in a business setting, you should dress business casual, no jeans. Likewise, "formal" may mean black tie or simply a jacket and tie; be sure to clarify if you are unsure.
Stay away from clothes that are too sexy
Especially in a business setting, you do not want to show up in revealing clothes. It is not professional and will probably reflect poorly on you. This should also be the practice if you are attending your spouse's office party. If you are going out with your spouse for a night on the town, sexy clothes are more appropriate. There is a thin line between attractive and sleazy; be sure not to cross that line and embarrass yourself.
Keep it simple
The simpler you can keep your attire, the better. Nine times out of ten, you will be better off in a simple black dress than trying to coordinate slacks, a blouse, and three other layers of clothes. Make it easy on yourself when possible.
Too many sparkles
Many women will use the holiday season to wear a lot of sparkles and shiny clothes. This is fine in moderation; however, if you look like you have been wrapped in tinsel, you should probably go with something else.
Nothing can be as flattering as the right accessories. However, when used the wrong way, they can destroy a good thing. When you are choosing your jewelry, stay with subtle beauty -- nothing huge or gaudy. While some people can pull off Santa Claus earrings, most of us can not. Especially the more formal a party, the more conservative the jewelry should be.
When it comes to your face, you should also keep it delicate. Certain occasions will dictate red lipstick and more drastic makeup; however, you should be careful not to over-do it. Dark blush or rouge almost never looks good.
About The Author
Salim Jordan is Editor and Publisher of MoreThanlinks. Bringing you the best informed content on the web. Every part of your life is here, from business to entertainment, technology to relationships, travel, shopping, money, health -- and all points in between.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.