Dating Tip: Getting a Commitment
By Terry Hernon MacDonald
A lot of women want to know how to get a man to commit.
Even though we know better, we still believe (consciously or subconsciously) that our purpose in life is to get a man to fork over a two-carat diamond and a house in the suburbs. At the dawn of 2006, this is still perceived as the pinnacle of success for women.
As a result, too many of us stay in relationships that don't make us happy. We tell ourselves that if we say the right thing, do the right thing, buy the right thing, we can get some guy to marry us and validate us in the eyes of our friends, our parents, and society.
We play games with our sexuality. We submit to unnecessary surgeries and wear clothing that make us candidates for pneumonia, all in an effort to hook a man. We have sex not because it's what we want, but because we want to keep a guy's interest. We stop having sex when he doesn't come forth with a ring because, as our mothers told us, "Why buy the cow when the milk's free?"
And, in the end, it usually doesn't work. We don't get the commitment. We wonder why, deep down inside, we are ultimately unlovable.
The reason for it is simple. We don't love ourselves. Heck, we don't even own ourselves. We dress, act, speak, and have sex to please (or manipulate) others. The fact that, at the tail end of 2005, we still use expressions like, "Why buy the cow when the milk's free," is astonishing.
You are not a cow. You are a woman. You will attract a man who will gladly, eagerly commit to you when you start believing that you have a bigger purpose in life than getting married.
This means you:
- Dress for yourself, not for someone else.
- Stop postponing doing things you want to do because you think you need a guy to do them with (or that you have to "check with" your boyfriend first).
- Stop waiting for some guy to commit to you. If he says he's not ready, do yourself a favor and back off. Stop being taken for granted. Make plans that don't include him (this will do one of two things; either he'll realize he can't live without you, or you'll realize he definitely can).
-Have sex when it's right and because you enjoy it. Don't use (or not use) your body to "get" a man.
In other words, get a life. Love yourself. Treat yourself as a treasure that has yet to be discovered.
There are plenty of tricks you can use to hook a man, but they usually involve manipulation, deceit, and the loss of yourself. And, while they usually don't work, it's worse when they do. Women who used them tend to be divorced or miserably married today.
So, make a commitment to yourself. Be true to yourself. Value yourself. You will send a signal to men that you are special, different, and worth their time and effort.
One of those men will prove to be worth your time and effort, too.
About The Author
Terry Hernon MacDonald is the author of "How to Attract and Marry the Man of Your Dreams." Check out her blog at http://happygirlmusing.blogspot.com.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.