Wigs: The Good, The Bad And The Ridiculous
By Michael Barrows
While many people purchase a wig to change their style or to create a dramatic look for a special night, others wear wig hairpieces on a daily basis to conceal thinning hair or to cover baldness resulting from an illness. But no matter why you choose to wear a wig, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before you purchase one and incorporate wigs into your style.
There are many different types of wigs available and they can range from being inexpensive to extremely expensive. For the most part, the old saying, "you get what you pay for," is true when it comes to purchasing wig hairpieces. The more you spend, the higher quality wig you'll get in return. And a higher quality hairpiece means that it will remain beautiful versatile for years to come.
Perhaps the most deciding factor that will help you decide how much to spend on your wig is how you are going to use it. If you are only going to use your wig occasionally for special events, you may be able to get by with an inexpensive wig. But since most inexpensive wigs are made with synthetic hair, it is almost impossible to match them up with your existing hair color or to achieve a truly natural look. Inexpensive wig hairpieces are also not finely wefted. That means that more hair is sewn into one weft of the wig instead of distributed throughout the wig evenly resulting in a baby doll hair look if you're not careful.
Other things to consider before you go by an inexpensive wig, is how you are going to style the hairpiece. Synthetic hair cannot be colored, permed or curled with thermal tools. So, your styling and change-out options with an inexpensive wig are limited.
All of these drawbacks make the natural-hair wig your best bet especially if you wear a wig on a daily basis. While this hairpiece may be a little more expensive, you can color it, cut it and curl it just like you would your own hair because it is real hair. Wig hairpieces made with natural hair also look more natural in sunlight and under certain lights than do wigs made with synthetic hair strands.
Even natural hair wigs, though, come with a wide variety of prices. The prices vary according to quality and length of the hair used and the craftsmanship of the hairpiece itself. Again, you get what you pay for.
If you plan to wear your wig daily, you should also look for wig hairpieces that are light and finely woven. The wig should allow a good amount of air to circulate through the wig and onto your scalp. This is not only for your own comfort but for the well being of your own hair. Tight and constrictive wigs can cause friction and cut off the blood supply to your scalp resulting in hair loss.
So, before you buy a wig, investigate all of your options carefully. Choosing a good wig now may save you money in the end because you will probably never have to replace it.
About The Author
Michael Barrows' website gives great advice for good hair. Get your free ebook packed with hair style and hair care tips and advice, visit http://www.great-hairstyles.com.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.