Fashionable Over 40
By Sheila Dicks
If we didn't have enough to think about as we get older - aging parents, empty nests, new jobs, etc. we also have to deal with changing bodies and how to clothe them. Don't despair all is not lost, you can look great after forty and not have to sneak into your daughter's closet to do it. Many women who are not sure how to deal with thick waists and bulging tummies head straight for the baggy rack and try to conceal their bodies with shapeless clothing. And to make matters worse, they wear their makeup and hair the same way they always have. The key to looking great after forty is to make subtle changes in your clothing, hair and makeup that will equal a facelift and a trainer - well, maybe not that much difference. Here are some tips that you can put into practice right away.
1.Wear your skirts at the knee with a great pair of shoes to show off one of the most ageless and flattering parts of your body - your legs- they stay looking younger longer.
2.Wear tailored clothes, such as shaped jackets that glide over your tummy and waist. Stay away from boxy, baggy jackets and tops that hang from the bust and add five pounds.
3.The easiest way to put pizzazz into your outfit without looking overdone is to update your shoes and purses. If you carry a purse that looks like your grandmother's - square and boring you'll look outdated. Choose purses in different shapes and colors that will add interest. There are lots of styles and shapes available, the most flattering being a shoulder bag that fits nicely under your arm.
4.Stay away from clothing that has "old lady written all over it, such as huge shoulder pads, narrow pant legs, tiny prints, sweaters with embroidered flowers and big fancy buttons. If it's something your mother would wear then it is not something for you.
5.To look fashionable you don't have to wear the latest styles. Stick to classic lines that suit your body type and develop a look that reflects your personality and lifestyle.
©Copyright 2006 Sheila Dicks
About The Author
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who helps women feel more confident by dressing to suit their body type. To get tips on how to dress slimmer and find your best styles get a copy of her ebook "Image Makeover at http://www.how-to-dress.com or go to http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to get the Free Report - 7 Things Your Girlfriends Won't Tell You About Beauty and Fashion".
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.