Top 10 Tips For Wedding Dress Shopping!
By Carla Wilson
Top 10 tips when shopping for a wedding dress!
1. Pick up some bridal magazines or go to the library to browse their bridal magazines and get ideas for what styles you like. Sit down and search wedding websites for bridal wear. This will help you get a feel for what is out there and what you like.
2. Ask your friends, family, and coworkers where the good bridal stores are to go. Book an appointment with a reputable retailer. Make sure you allow yourself an hour to be at the bridal store.
3. Ask your closest friend, bridal party, parent or whom you feel comfortable with and trust to come shopping with you. Make it a fun day and make time for a lunch date.
4. Be upfront with the bridal consultant on the price you want to spend and keep in that range. The bridal consultant I had was excellent and I ended up getting my dress cheaper than what I planned on. This is a good time to show the bridal consultant pictures you have cut out or printed off. She/he can get a feel for your style.
5. Try on a couple of different styles. Be open to suggestion. You may discover that the dress you thought wasn't very nice on the rack looks superb on you! Ask the bridal consultant what styles suite your body type. But remember, it has to be a wedding dress you feel comfortable, sexy, and beautiful in.
6. Only shop at 2 or 3 bridal stores in one day. It takes a lot of time and energy to try on wedding dresses. Don't make any decisions that day. You need time to sleep on it.
7. If you have narrowed your search down to 2 or 3 dresses, get the name of the manufacturer or designer and check if another store carries the same bridal dress. I got my wedding dress across the street from one bridal shop for $300 cheaper. It can save you lots of money.
8. Don't hesitate to try second hand bridal shops. You may find a dress for 50% off for the same dress you have chosen. But watch for tears, beads falling off and snags. It has to be in tip top shape for you!
9. Once you've decided on your wedding dress, wait until your final alterations are done to buy all your accessories. You may need a very high heel or a flat heel depending how the alterations worked out.
10. Be sure you have ordered your wedding dress way ahead of your wedding day! You will have a million things to plan for your wedding day! But at least you know you will look radiant in your wedding dress you carefully choose. Find out more about shopping for wedding dresses at www.elegant-wedding-dresses.com
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure