Eye Makeup Tips - How To Apply Eyeliner
By Dr Bianca Tavares
In this article we take a look at how to apply eyeliner with some tips on achieving some great effects.
One stunning effect that can be achieved easily and a favorite of such well-known actresses from Marlene Dietrich and Marilyn Monroe to Gwyneth Paltrow, is rimming the eyes with either a white or beige eye pencil. This has the effect of enlarging the white of the eye to create a seductive, alluring look.
To apply the eye pencil, pull your lid away from the eye very gently using one or two fingers and draw a line along the inner eye rims. Do the same with both the upper and lower lids. To make a sharpened pencil softer and easier to apply, you can draw a few lines first on the back of your hand. This will soften the tip and get the color flowing.
Kohl can be applied in the same way with sensational effect. The use of kohl goes back to ancient Egyptian times and is characteristic of eye makeup in the Middle and Far East. Apply your kohl pencil as described above to both the upper and lower rims, from corner to corner. Then, using either a sponge-tipped applicator, eyeshadow brush, or even your fingertip, blend the color by smudging it to create a smoky effect.
Once you are satisfied with the appearance, you will need to set it by using a light application of loose powder. For an even stronger, more intense effect, apply your preferred color around the eyes in either cream, liquid or powder form.
If you want to use liquid eyeliner, once you've mastered the technique of applying it, this can be a quick method of achieving a stunning and sophisticated look. But applying liquid eyeliner can take a little practice.
To begin, it's best to be in front of a good magnifying mirror, so that your eyes are magnified sufficiently to see very clearly what you are about to do and ensure a smooth application of the liquid eyeliner. Then, using your free hand, start by pulling the eyelid taut. If you're right-handed it's probably easiest for you to start applying the liquid from left-to-right, as if you are writing, and vice versa if you are left-handed. Draw across in a single continuous fine line. If you want a thicker line then, at the end of the run, simply retrace.
A tip when applying liquid eyeliner is to apply it as close as possible to the eyelashes, even running into the eyelashes. This will avoid you getting that annoying white line effect between the lashes and the liner when the two don't meet.
Applying liquid eyeliner does take some practice, so have a bottle of makeup remover to hand until you are confident in the technique. As they say: "practice makes perfect", and with a little perseverance and a steady hand you'll soon be achieving some great effects.
About The Author
Dr Bianca Tavares
You can find more eye makeup tips by Dr Bianca Tavares at http://www.makeup-girl.info.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.