The One Word That Will Take You From Plain Jane to Turning Heads At A Rate That Is Insane!!!
By Dwayne Pressley
Well actually three words, color, color, color!!! I remember the world renowned, salon owner and entrepreneur, John Amico, once told me he is HAPPILY married, Never cheats on his wife, yet he comes home with 5 different women a year! How does he do it? With color (he colors his wife's hair 4-5 times a year) and he says each time show looks like a new woman!!!
One of the keys to looking "stunning" with color is getting colors that blend well with your eyes and your skin tone. When this occurs your hair color(s) will not look so "man made-ish" and the hair color(s) you choose will not only compliment you, but also look very natural.
When taking color into consideration keep in mind there are different "types" to choose from. You have temporary, semi-permanent, demi-permanent, and permanent hair color.
* Temporary Hair Color- is just that, temporary. It is good to use if your permanent color ever starts to fade, between your color appointments.
* Semi-Permanent Hair Color- was created to last anywhere from 6 - 8 shampoos. I must admit that some product lines are stronger than this and I have witnessed a few semi-permanent colors almost as strong as some permanent hair color(s).
* Demi-Permanent Hair Color- was designed to be gentle on the hair. This would be an excellent option for African American women wanting color (and currently relaxing their hair). Even though they do not lighten hair, they can become permanent, so keep in mind that shampooing your hair will not remove demi-permanent hair color.
* Permanent Hair Color: will permanently change the natural color of your hair by either making it lighter or darker.
There are also different factors to take into consideration as well, when choosing your hair color. Like:
* The season. The colors that look best on you in"let's say"the spring, won't look the best on you...during wintertime.
* How "drastic" of a change you want to make. The farther you go from your natural color, the more the color will be noticed.
* All over color, vs. highlights. Living in Florida, there is no question which one I love the best...(you guessed it) highlights!!!
About The Author
Dwayne Pressley is a licensed cosmetologist, hair care consultant, (found at www.askdwayne.com) public speaker and author of the internet's scorching hot e-book on the subject of hair "What Your Hair stylist Doesn't Want You To Know" for more information join the group and/or visit him at http://www.askdwayne.com.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure