Romantic Weekend Getaways
By Steve Gillman
Romantic weekend getaways can be a second honeymoon or your first vacation together. When you don't have the time or money for a long trip, try one of the following.
Spending time at a nice hotel is the most obvious and common romantic weekend getaway, and with good reason. It is wonderful to be waited on and relax in a hot tub together. The best hotels for this will have a pool, a hot tub (preferably in the room) and even a lounge where you might be able to go dancing.
In Michigan, this might be the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. This is where they filmed the Christopher Reed movie, "Somewhere In Time." There are no cars, so you'll have see the island together by horse carriage.
Romantic Weekend Getaways - Outdoors
If you both enjoy getting outside, you may want to consider a camping weekend. Whether you want to really rough it, and put on the backpacks, or just rent an RV and find a beautiful park to visit, this is a great way to have some quality time together. Wherever you live, there are great outdoor destinations within a couple hours.
A great example is the Hot Well Dunes Recreation Area, near Safford Arizona. There are two hot spring pools to soak in, and millions of acres of desert to explore. My wife and I loved collecting beautiful rocks together, and sitting around the fire with fellow campers each night. We also enjoyed regular soakings in the hot springs.
Doing Something New Together
It can be very romantic to share new experiences together. Even when things don't go as planned, you are creating common memories that bring you closer together. Why not try something new this weekend?
An example of this could be mountain biking in Moab, Utah. If you live near Seattle, you might consider a guided climb up Mount Ranier together. If you are near the coasts or the Great Lakes, you could take a charter sailing or fishing trip together. Amtrak has some great scenic routes you could travel in a weekend.
Are romantic weekend getaways expensive? Sometimes, but the only requirement is that they are romantic. There is a way to get away no matter what your budget is. Why not start planning now?
About The Author
Steve Gillman hit the road at sixteen, and traveled the U.S. and Mexico alone at 17. Now 40, he travels with his wife Ana, whom he met in Ecuador. For more on romantic vacations, plus travel stories, tips and information, visit: http://www.EverythingAboutTravel.com
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.