Trans4mind has developed a very helpful Life Assessment tool that you can use, freely and confidentially. Sign up now (with no obligation) and get to discover the key challenges you face and the most effective ways to transform your life for the better...
Travel to New-York City, Part II- Financial District, Wall Street
By Armine Hareyan
Ellis Island and Lady Liberty are reached by ferry from Battery Park: this strip of green fringing the Hudson River was named after the line of cannons once set here to protect the city. You can still visit Castle Clinton. When it was built in 1807 it stood about 109 yards offshore but years of landfill have since connected it to the Financial District, known as Wall Street. The wall in question was by the Dutch colonists of New Amsterdam to mark the boundary between Indian territory and their own. Wall Street may now by synonymous with high finance but it is also custodian of some of New York's oldest memories, starting with Trinity Church, made particularly prominent by its tall Gothic bell tower. The present structure is the third church to stand on this site (the firs was erected in 1697, making in one of the oldest Anglican churches in America); until 1860 it towered over the buildings all around.
Federal Hall National Monument offers another historic testimony since this is the site, where, in 1789, George Washington took his oath of office as first president of the United States. Although dwarfed by the surrounding skyscrapers, this neoclassical building is an imposing and fitting tribute, with a large statue of the president leading the way into an exhibition on the Constitution. Of no less significance are the Federal Reserve Bank, the U.S. government bank where there are vast strong-rooms crammed with gold, and the New Stock Exchange, hub of global finance. We may have seen the NYSE in countless films but it is unlikely that anyone ignorant of the niceties of financial markets really understands its workings, Officially established in 1972 by a small group of brokers, it has been the scene of great stock market crashes (the most famous of all in 1929) and miraculous recoveries, respectively breaking or making investors in the space of hours. Now that computers appear to run the show, the frenzied activity on the trading floor seems to have lost some of its appeal. But the public can still watch the proceedings from the visitors gallery as brokers and pages dash to and fro in the hope of making their clients fortunes.
About The Author
Armine Hareyan is the publisher of http://etraveling.blogspot.com which provides Travel Destination Articles
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.
Copyright © 1997-2016 Trans4mind Ltd