Sleep Sacks: Do I Need One?
By Eric Odom
In short, if you plan on staying in youth hostels, yes.
Most hostels now require travelers to use sleep sacks when sleeping in the beds they provide. Youth Hostels will often provide you with a sleep sheet or regular sheet; more than likely this will cost extra money to use. However, because some youth hostels do not have them on hand, it is always a good idea to bring your own.
Sleep Sacks are simple really. Hostels have us use them because they help keep the beds clean. Clean beds are good.
With sleep sacks, you also have the advantage of being able to chose your materials. For summer journeys, you may want to go with something very thin and slick so that it does not stick to you if you sweat a bit. For winter, you can chose a thicker material that will help keep you warm on cold nights.
To make a sleep sack, really all you need to do is take a sheet and fold it in half. Once you have it lined up right, you just sew up the bottom and half way up the side to create a sort of sheet version of the sleeping bag.
Many travelers have asked about sleeping bags and whether or not they should take them along. In my opinion a sleeping bag is a bad idea. It's bulky, hard to wash when you are in a hurry and have little detergent and supplies, and a lot of hostels do not even allow them do to personal hygiene reasons (you wouldn't want a guy who has been living in the woods along interstates for three weeks sleeping next to you in a thick, sweaty sleeping bag).
So in answer to the original question, yes, you should take a sleep sack with if you are planning on staying in youth hostels. Sleep sacks are good for you, they are good for the hostels, and they are good for everyone else who is on the road.
I recommend you add a sleep sack to your list of things to pack. You won't regret it.
About The Author
Eric Odom is editor for http://www.backpackearth.com.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.