Advice For First Time Passport Applicants
By Charles Brown
How to apply for a U.S passport:
--Do you need a passport or a visa? A visa is issued by the country you are going to, and is necessary if you intend to stay for a long period of time. Obviously, the length of time before a visa is required varies by the country.
--Plan ahead. The process of obtaining a passport is not difficult, but it usually takes about three weeks. So don't postpone your application if you are planning to travel overseas.
--If you need a faster response, an expedited processing will cost an additional $60, whether you are applying for a first-time passport, or renewing an existing one.
--You will need a certified birth certificate, two identical passport-size photos (2X2 inches), your social security card and your drivers license.
--You must apply in person if this is your first U.S. passport application; or if your previous US passport expired and was issued when you were under 16; or if your name has changed since your passport was issued and you do not yet have a legal document formally changing your name.
--Remember, your passport is the only valid ID accepted once you cross an international border. Carry it with you at all times (a money belt is an excellent investment before you leave, and will be the ideal place to carry this and other important documents).
--If your passport is lost or stolen while your are in another country, go immediately to the nearest US embassy or consulate to have a replacement issued.
--For more information, visit the US Department of State's website at http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html
COPYRIGHT © Charles Brown, 2006. All rights reserved.
About The Author
Charles Brown is a former attorney who now spends his time indulging his passion for travel and shares the unique travel destinations and unbeatable travel bargains he uncovers on his blog, Guerrilla Traveler - Adventure on a Budget, www.guerrillatraveler.blogspot.com.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.