Hawaii Snorkeling - An Underwater Paradise!
By Keith Thompson
Hawaii snorkeling is a fun activity available to almost any skill level of swimmer, where you can discover a breathtaking array of Hawaii's most exotic sea life a few yards from shore. Colorful coral, lava flows, turtles and more than 700 species of fish are found in the clear, high- visibility waters warmed to an average temperature of 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a year-round pursuit on the islands, so there is really no bad time to do this, except when heavy surf is about. Getting yourself outfitted is no problem, as there are dozens if not hundreds of rental facilities around, ranging in price from $10-20 day, and if you're staying at a resort you can possibly score free equipment available to their guests. And you don't really need much in the way of equipment either: fins, mask, snorkel, possibly some flotation aids if you're buoyancy-challenged.
Once you're outfitted and ready for some Hawaii snorkeling, head out to some of Hawaii's best snorkeling venues. Likely the most well-known of these is Molokini. The Molokini crater is what's left of an extinct volcano a few miles off Maui, shaped like a crescent moon. This is s must-see spot! Other great Hawaii snorkeling locations on Maui include Honolua Bay, Kapalua Bay and Makena landing. Honolua is regarded by locals as the best snorkeling and diving spot on Maui, while Kapalua Bay boasts calm waters, safe swimming, and one of the world's best beaches. Makena offers excellent cave snorkeling, and endangered green sea turtles. Other Hawaii snorkeling spots worth getting wet in would be Hanauma Bay Nature Park on Oahu, a marine preserve; and Waimea Bay, best known for it's surfing. In fact, during winter months snorkeling isn't permitted due to high surf. On the Big Island there's Kealakekua Bay and Hapuna Beach. If your Hawaii snorkeling plans take you to Kauai, try Ke'e Beach and Po`ipu Beach Park.
Wherever your Hawaii snorkeling trip takes you in the islands rest assured that there is practically no bad place to dip your feet in! Be safe though; don't snorkel alone, snorkel in safe waters, observe warning signs, and beware of high surf. Hawaii is famous for it! And don't feed the fish! They've survived centuries without Cheezits; don't get them started now!
Your Hawaii snorkeling adventure is waiting just under the warm waters of whichever island you choose. Don't forget the camera!
Copyright 2006 Keith Thompson
About The Author
Keith Thompson runs http://www.Hawaii-Vacation-Directory.com, where you can find many resources for your next Hawaii vacation.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.