The Beautiful British Columbia
By Ashton Billesberger
To start talking about this beautiful province, British Columbia (also known as BC) dates back to July, 20 1871, where it was the sixth province to join the Confederation. The people of the province settled in different cities. Vancouver, Vancouver island, Surrey, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Delta, and New Westminster in the Lower Mainland, Abbotsford and Langley in the Fraser Valley, Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, and Kelowna and Kamloops in the Interior.
- The official language is English
- Capital city of British Columbia is Victoria
- Vancouver is the largest city
- The population is 4,220,000
- The most populated western province
- Host of the 2010 winter Olympics
- Borders the Pacific Ocean to the west
- Half of all British Columbians live in the Greater Vancouver Regional District, which includes Vancouver, New Westminster, Surrey, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Langley, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Delta, White Rock, Richmond, Port Moody, Anmore, Belcarra, Lions Bay and Bowen Island.
There is so much to do and see that it is hard to sum up in a few words. You can go rafting down Fraser River, tour Victoria City, golf and water sports in the Okanagan during the summer time and ski and snowboard in the winter time. This is one province that I would not want to miss out on. The natural beauty of the mountains to your east and to the west is the Pacific Ocean where you can take countless cruises up the side of the province to take in the breath taken beauty.
About The Author
Ashton Billesberger is the owner and operator of British Columbia Canada Guide.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure