Five Family Friendly Vacations Ideas and How To Make Them Affordable
By Patricia Kopp
Does the cost of travel have you wondering whether or not you can afford to take your family on a vacation this year? Your much needed and well deserved vacation should be a priority in your life and we are providing ways to make your family vacation time more affordable and more enjoyable.
1. Kids and Cruises "Traveling by ship is a way for families to visit several places on one trip without constantly having to pack and unpack which is a big benefit for parents with young children. Additionally most cruise lines offer children's programs and kids will love the freedom of life on board a cruise ship.
Way to save on cruising: Travel agents specializing in cruises and businesses that book blocks of cabins can offer quite a savings on rooms. Cruising prices are also dependent upon the season you choose to cruise. Look for off season specials or cruises that include airfare as part of the deal. Many of the cruise lines offer a kid sail free program.
2. All Inclusive Packages - Look for family friendly locations. Family package destinations will offer activities for both parents and children. Entertainment for everyone plus food, drink and activities are all in one place.
Ways to save on packages: Mid week departure and arrivals will save you money on airfare. Also schedule your travels for off season.
3. Renting a House - Renting a house for your family vacation in the location you want to visit will provide the benefits of learning the local culture plus you get more for your vacation dollar. You can experience life with all its local flavors. If find out all the info about a location before the trip you will experience all the fun and excitement and not miss anything once you get there
Ways to save on rentals: The internet offers huge resources for finding a rental in the location you prefer. Local newspapers for the areas which are often published on line can help you find a great deal also. Look for coupons to save money on food and activities. It's a great money-saving idea to split the cost of the house rental with another family whether it be family or friends.
4. Adventure Packages - Adventure vacations are designed to teach basic skills and how to respect the environment. Whether you choose white water rafting or hiking in the wilderness, your family's safety will be a top priority with your nature guide. Most of the time all equipment is provided and often will include all meals for the day.
Ways to save on adventure trips: Book your trip with an adventure travel specialist. You will be sure to get the best price with the most features.
5. Camping Vacations - Outdoor vacations such as camping provide families ways to work together and play together. Campgrounds normally offer plenty of activities to keep children entertained. Camping can be either in a tent or many places even offer cabins. Additionally you can rent an RV to experience RV camping.
Ways to save on camping: Many national campground locations offer membership cards that offer benefits to its regular campers. Cooking your food at camp rather than eating out will help you save money.
Wherever you decide on the family vacation, whether it's an airline ticket or a hotel room, never take the first price your quoted. Always attempt to negotiate for a better price. Ask about any available discounts. Be a flexible traveler. If you're willing to give up your seats on a flight for someone flying standby, you'll be rewarded with free tickets. Set aside the dates you want to travel and then watch for last minute deals. When on vacation skip the souvenirs and start a postcard or refrigerator magnet collection. If you plan properly you can be assured of your family having a fun and affordable family vacation.
About The Author
Article by Patricia Kopp. Please visit our site for more family vacation tips.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure