Bruges Hotel Guide
By Rahul Viz
Bruges is the capital of West Flanders, which is a region of Belgium. The city has been nicknamed "the Venice of the north" due to the many waterways that cross through the city. Bruges is a historic city and has been a world heritage site since the year 2000. The city is fairly small, with a population of just over 100,000 people.
Bruges is the location of many medieval forms of European architecture, and is one of the most popular cities in Belgium to visit. If you are looking to go back in time, Bruges is the city to visit.
The city is known for its great works of art, and many tourists visit the city during the summer. The summer is the best time to witness the true beauty of Bruges. Many famous people have hailed from Bruges. The mathematician Simon Stevin was born there, as well as Tony Parker, a basketball player in the French NBA.
Tourists to the city who love art will want to visit the Groening museum, a museum which houses an art collection which dates back to the 14th century. While many believe the works of Michaelangelo can only be found in Italy, they would be surpised to learn that his only sculpture to leave the country can be found at the The Onze Lieve Vrouwkerk in Bruges, which houses the Madonna and Child.
Another museum that you will want to visit is Choco-Story Museum, which was once a wine tavern which has now been turned into a museum dedicated to chocolate and the cocoa bean. You will also be able to buy some Belgian chocolates in the gift shop.
When it comes to transportation, some areas of the city are restricted. Despite this, no part of the city is truly free from cars. Driving in the city is quite difficult due to many one way streets. It is best for visitors to use carparks or trains when traveling in the city.
Bruges has many festivals throughout the year. In February they hold a Musica Antiqua which lasts about a week and in July a festival called Cactusfestival is held which lasts three days. This brings music fans from all over the world.
When it comes to money, you will need to bring quite a bit when visiting Bruges. Like many northern European cities, Bruges can be expensive. A mid range hotel room will cost between 45 and 120 euros a night, and even more for top end hotels. Food can cost between 8 and 20 euros per day.
About The Author
Rahul Viz recommends that you visit http://www.bookings.be/city/be/brugge.html?aid=305255 for more information on Bruges Hotels.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.