7 Essential Body Language Tips
By Pete Grand
The secrets of our body language have been around forever yet people constantly fail to recognize the importance of using body language to their advantage. Did you know that people only pay attention to 7% of what we say? Where does the rest of their attention go? You guessed it right: our body language. Now let me give my 7 BLT's so that you can use your body language much more efficiently when interacting with people.
- Always look at someone directly in their eyes when they are speaking to you. This may seem difficult at first but it's definitely the #1 body language ingredient to make you successful when interacting with others. Note: Do not ever stare at someone.
- Always stand up straight. You never want to slouch. Not only does this make you appear shorter but it projects an image of someone who has low self-esteem.
- Smile. Smiling is your most powerful body language signal. Though it is not recommended to smile constantly (people will be under the impression you are searching for approval), you should still make an effort to appear happy and optimistic.
- Do not make repeated, nervous like gestures. When speaking to someone it's important to use body movements but never fast and repetitive ones (picture someone who is nervous while public speaking; this is exactly what you're NOT aiming for).
- Create your own personal space. Make sure you let others know you have your own personal space and do not let them walk all over you. Note: you never want to invade someone else's personal space.
- Dedicate all of your attention to the person you are speaking with. Do not constantly look around as if you are uncomfortable or not interested.
- Make sure to emphasize all of these tips when you meet someone new. First impressions count for a lot. You want to make the best impression you can.
Most people are unaware of the way they are projecting themselves because in general, people will detect body language signals subconsciously. Make an effort to apply all seven of these tips and people will react differently when you are speaking to them.
About The Author
Pete Grand is the author of the breakthrough ebook: "How To Overcome Shyness: A man's complete guide on overcoming shyness". To download his free ebook "12 Dirty Habits That Prevent You From Developing Exceptional People Skills" visit http://www.overcome-shyness.com
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure