12 Irrefutable Cool Work Habits (According To Dogbits)
By Raymond S. Usbal
Just the points, please!
1. Go to work one hour early and start working.
2. Extend one hour before going home.
3. Follow what your boss tells you. He has the power to promote you and increase your pay!
4. Patience is a virtue especially at the workplace.
5. Prioritize tasks which are important and immediate.
6. After finishing the priority tasks, consider the rest as priority too.
7. When at work don't play or chat with your officemates, you can do that on breaks.
8. It doesn't matter if you worked all day, what matters is your accomplishment for the day.
9. Do not assume, confirm first.
10. Think of other ways to make yourself more useful to your boss.
11. Learn to love people and be ready to smile. It will make you younger by 4.5 years. (Believe me!)
One time a friend told me, "Smile, don't save it." You can't save it anyway and does it cost a thing?
12. Pet a dog, it will make you a better person.
(Oh, this is extra!)
13. Treat your dog as you treat your wife. (What do you mean, man?!)
Now, here's what the Apostle Paul said:
"Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you. It was not because we do not have the right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate. For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living." (2 Thessalonians 3:6-12 ESV)
About The Author
Raymond S. Usbal is a Filipino Christian writer who wants to inspire others by sharing tidbits of wisdom and humor for practical living. He is, at the same time, a PHP/MySQL programmer.