The Magic of May
By Debbie Friedman
As we reach the half point in this month of May, there seems to be a calling to remember what this particular time of year is about and how we can take advantage of this in our lives. It's a perfect time to use all the energies that are available to create the magic - that spark of light, laughter, and joy - that helps us to move forward with enthusiasm. Perhaps, in your own life, it's a time to renew your commitment to your dreams and to let go of the struggle and hard work you've invested through the winter months to bring you to this point in time.
May Day reminds us that this is a time of celebrating the end of winter, the return of the sun, the fertility of the soils, and the life of the fields. This is a time to marvel at the new life that is emerging, and to embrace the rebirth and renewals in our own lives. It's a time to let all that you've been working towards begin to blossom and come alive.
May Day is also the international working class holiday celebrating the 8-hour workday. Does anyone remember that? When you only worked 8 hours a day? Is anyone working so hard, putting in so many hours at working (even if it is your passion), that you've lost touch with the joy of life and living? Make this the time to create more balance and self-care in your life. Give yourself the chance to renew and become prepared for all the wondrous new life that's emerging ahead. Let go of the struggle and relax a bit more. Be gentle, kind, and loving to yourself as you will be able to share more of that love, kindness, and compassion with others to create more peace and happiness in your world.
Cinco de Mayo, May 5th, reminds us to celebrate freedom and liberty. Acknowledge what you have released and gained freedom from, what you have left behind. Celebrate yourself and the space that freedom has created for more joy, success and true wealth to enter.
May 15th is a very special day. It is a day of the full moon which is a time when the most energy is released onto the Earth. This particular full moon is special because it marks the day when Buddha was born, when he was enlightened, and the anniversary of his death. Many will be gathering today in special Wesak Festivals to meditate to bring the highest good for all in the world. This is a time when your intentions and what you are focusing on can be activated by these same energies to manifest.
Here are some steps you can take to create the Magic of May in your own life:
1. Focus your thoughts, your visions, your actions, your words, your dreams, and your intentions on what you desire. Choose consciously today and in the days to come what your vision for your future will be.
2. Take time each day to visualize the life that you choose using all of your senses. See it, feel it, hear it, taste it, touch it, smell it, sense it, know it.
3. If you haven't done it recently, this is a great time to sit down to write out your vision for your life using all of your senses. Write out your perfect workday, your perfect relationship, your perfect day of fun and play. Write down what you will feel, what you see, what you hear, what you smell, what you touch, what you taste. Make your vision as wondrous and vivid as you possibly can.
4. Expect that what you desire is coming to you. Be certain that only that which is loving, good, beautiful, abundant, perfect, peaceful, and joyful is present in your life.
5. Be grateful for all that you have received. Let love and joy and thanks pour out in everything you think, say, and do.
Come from your highest visions, with purpose and passion, and you are sure to manifest the Magic of May!
YOU deserve it!
Copyright 2006 Debbie Friedman
About The Author
Debbie Friedman, M.S., C.Ht., is the Manifesting Maven who helps people consciously create the life they love to live. She is the creator of the popular Cleaning Out the Closet of Your Mind for Wealth series.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure