Self Improvement Tips: 7 For The New Year
The New Year is here, and everyone is rushing to make their resolutions. Are you among them? Self improvement is often a favorite resolution, and rightfully so. To that end, here are seven self improvement tips to help you start the New Year with a bang.
1. Keep your self talk positive. Make it a resolution to do away with negative self-talk this year. No more "I can't" and more "I can". Positive self talks automatically programs you to head in the direction of success.
2. Stay dressed for success too. A new haircut or a fresh shave and decent looking clothes will create a positive and energetic air around you. This works even on those days you aren't feeling at your best.
3. Stand straight and tall. If you're going to think positive and dress positive, stand up like you mean it. Sloppy posture is a sign of weakness. Keep that back straight on your path to success this year.
4. Set specific goals. Instead of "I want to lose weight this year", you should write down "I want to loose 10 pounds in the next 2 months." The mind can help your body reach specific goals much more effeciently than vague suggestions.
5. Post your plans. Keep your plans and specific goals written and posted where you can see them every day. Take time to read and review them on a regular basis. Cross off those goals you reach and those plans that have succeeded. Keep reviewing and adding to your list so you will continue moving forward.
6. Share your goals. If you are married or in a relationship, make sure to share your goals and plans for this year with your partner. Mutual support and understanding can not only help your reach your destination faster, but it can also add a extra level of trust and intimacy to your relationship.
7. Take time to enjoy the fruits of your effort. Find a way to celebrate when you have reached any of the self improvement goals you have set out for the new year. Reward adds more value to your efforts and increases your motivation to continue.
About the author:
World traveller and metaphysical net-surfer James B. Allen is the unique character behind PowerLivingPress.com. He suggests you immediately visit his self improvement tips website. That's because it's jam-packed with free articles and resources for you!
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure