How to Motivate Yourself to Organize
Organizing is probably not at the top of your list of
fun things to do, is it? If your clutter is overwhelming,
it's especially difficult to get started. Here are some
easy tips to motivate yourself to organize.
1. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Take the first step
in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just
just take the first step." You don't have to organize
your whole house today. Just work on one small area--
a drawer or a cabinet.
2. Buy a good organizing book. Once you begin
reading it, you'll feel compelled to start organizing.
3. Forget embarrassment. Invite an organized friend
to help you. Hire a professional. It's easier to organize
when you can talk through the clutter.
4. Set the mood. Put on some fun music. Open the
windows. Choose a starting point and just do it.
5. "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence,"
said Calvin Coolidge. Keep trying. Do a little bit daily or
weekly and you'll soon find that you are more organized
than you ever thought possible!
About the Author
Free time management tips booklet, meal planner, and daily organizing checklist at http://www.ineedmoretime.com.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure