5 Ways to Entertain Your Kids When They're Off School but Your Home Business is Open
1. Put in a DVD/video. What is it about children that they can watch the same movie over and over again? Take advantage of this fact.
2. Barter with the parent of your child's friend. She can take them to a movie or watch them at her house for the day. Just be sure to return the favor on a weekend or day your home business is closed.
3. Check with your local YMCA or museums. Many of them offer special full or half day programs on school holidays.
4. Put them to work. Smaller children can certainly stuff envelopes. Older ones can possible handle data entry. Let them practice their alphabetizing skills with your orders. Either you will get clerical work done by your helpers or they will stay out of your hair so they won't have to help.
5. Hire a babysitter. If schools are closed, that means your high school aged babysitter is off for the day, too. Ask her to watch the kids for a few hours or all day. Then close the door to your office and ask her not to disturb you unless it is an emergency.
Megan Corwin helps work at home professionals grow their businesses while balancing work and home.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure